Harbour Adventures


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 29th 2008
Published: January 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi all

I've just remembered that I never uploaded our New Year's Eve party pics to the Travel Blog, sorry. So here is a photo diary of our 31 December 2007. We had a fun time. Living on the harbour we had the perfect view of the festivities on and over the harbour - including plane fly-bys, yachts and fireworks. We invited a few friends over - did some fishing on our wharf and had a few drinks, had a braai (BBQ) for dinner, watched the 9pm family fireworks from our balcony and the midnight fireworks from a rooftop in our street, and enjoyed a chocolate fondue (at 2.30am!). The midnight fireworks were amazing. There were about 5 or 6 platforms set up along the length of the harbour and fireworks went off on these in unison with the Sydney Harbour Bridge fireworks display and then occasional fireworks from the tops of all the buildings in the city centre - amazing; the biggest fireworks display we have ever seen for sure. We had a view of it all from the rooftop.

Also in this photo diary are some photos of our new boat, a semi rigid inflatable rubber duck, which Mike bought a few weeks ago. We've been using it to explore the Sydney Harbour, which has been great fun. This weekend we anchored in the harbour and had a picnic and Mike swam (I didn't cos I didn't think I would get back into the boat from the water - thanks to my 36 week belly!). Then, as a great novelty, we bought ice-creams and drinks from the boating ice-cream and cappuccino man. He travels around the harbour in is boat selling refreshments to everyone who is anchored around for the day. How cool is that!?

I really have been slack, as I also forgot to show you the photos from our 1 December 2007 Chocolate Making Workshop. Mike bought us the half day experience for our third wedding anniversary on 6 November. What a great idea for a chocoholic pregnant chick. It was good fun and we got to eat our hard work, yum!

Hope you are all well. More news to follow soon. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Caroline x


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



31st January 2008

Chokkiefontein
Oh My God! That chocolate making extravaganza looks divine. Any more pix like those and I'll be on my bycicle - Sydney toe! The ice cream and cuppacino man is also great.
27th March 2008

Chocolate making factory
Is that why you were really fat from all that chocolate??

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 16; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb