Baby Shower High Tea


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 19th 2008
Published: January 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The girls enjoying high teaThe girls enjoying high teaThe girls enjoying high tea

Clockwise from left: Michaela, Janine, Bianca, Lisa, Caroline, Trudy, Hannah, Georgie, Sarah and Heather.
Well, I can't believe the time finally came around for ME to have a baby shower! Lisa arranged for a group of my friends to join me for a typical British high tea at the lovely Queen Victoria Building Tea Room this afternoon (see www.thetearoom.com.au). Sarah, Heather, Michaela, Janine, Bianca, Lisa, Trudy, Hannah and Georgie were there and we had a lovely time gorging ourselves on savoury and sweet treats, champers and a variety of teas ... very lady like - how things have changed!

Our baby girl was spoilt rotten with some lovely gifts such as cot sheet sets, toiletries, cute clothing, and toys. Mum-to-be was also spoilt with lovely bath and skin products and a voucher for some nice new lingerie when the bod is back in shape (can't wait). And, at 2pm the tea room staff delivered a letter to me, all the way from SA from my mum, which left me in tears it was so touching, and a few others welled up in sympathy too :-).

I had a fantastic time and am now looking forward to the day we meet our little girl.
And, if you are wondering why I am publishing this
The invitationThe invitationThe invitation

Had to smudge Lisa's contact details out on this photo for the purposes of the blog though - didn't want her receiving unwanted phonecalls and emails ;-)
blog entry at midnight, it's cos I can't sleep - all the sugar from today's high tea, ha ha. Off to bed now.

Caroline x


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



23rd January 2008

baby....
You all look like you have a wonderful time hun, hope your taking care, you look fab !!! god when i had ellie and david i was huge..... ozzie life suit`s you babe.. you take care.. love to you both and bump. xx

Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0963s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb