Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 13th 2007
Published: December 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

CheersCheersCheers

At the Opera Bar outside the Opera House with Harbour Bridge as a backdrop....not bad for our first night
It was a very long night flight from Bangkok to Sydney - 9 hours and we hardly slept but the excitement of arriving in Syndey at last kept us going.

We stayed in Darling harbour and whilst Kevin and Jill rested up a bit Dean, Matthew and I went to the aquarium - it was excellent - a real must see. That night we hit the town. Headed for Circular Quay and I had my first decent glass of wine for months! Kevin was introduced to VB beer. The views are amazing. We caught the ferry back to our hotel.

The next day I met up with my cousin Nerys and met her baby Lucas for the first time (he's too cute) and the others had a good afternoon at the botanical gardens and went swimming. That night we all had Chinese food in China Town (in fact our hotel was more China town than Harbour) where the rude waiter tried to charge us a dollar each (43p) for pancakes with our Peeking Duck.....as you can see it all proved too much for Matthew.

The next day was gorgeous - we were lucky as the weather was very
that's the closest I want to get to shark!that's the closest I want to get to shark!that's the closest I want to get to shark!

When we got home from a day on Bondi we heard that a woman had been bitten by a shark there! The first shark bite reported in 70(!) years and it happened the day we were there!
bad before we arrived. We had to head to Bondi! Although it was crowded the surf was great - too great for me as my bikini bottoms ended up around my knees...I managed to cover up but Matthew was greatly amused. Dean and Kevin hired oout a surf board.

The last day was had to do some Christmas shopping but as it was a Sunday was headed to the pub for lunch and on the way home ate pie and mash at Harry de Wheels.

Next stop.....Maloolaba - the Sunshine Coast


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Chinese RestaurantChinese Restaurant
Chinese Restaurant

It was all too much for Matthew...Lucas and his Dad Scott couldn't wake Matthew
Dean and Matthew getting ready to surf! Dean and Matthew getting ready to surf!
Dean and Matthew getting ready to surf!

Although it was crowded it was fun - there's only one Bondi Beach
The board's supposed to go in the sea!The board's supposed to go in the sea!
The board's supposed to go in the sea!

I don't know where Matthew got his energy from!
Cheers againCheers again
Cheers again

I well earned drink after a morning of Christmas shopping - at least the malls are aircon!
A pie from Harry'sA pie from Harry's
A pie from Harry's

These things taste better when you've had a few drinks but even Matthew tucked in!


Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.074s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb