Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
December 3rd 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, Ken is certainly enjoying our trip. From Singaore onward we've been surrounded by beautiful young girls in various degrees of undress.

Today was no exeption at Darlin Habour but we also came across an outside T.V. btoadcast of a Christmas choir of (extreme) oldies made up from individuals drawn from the streets and now quite famous in OZ including performances at the Opera House.

Darlin is one ot those hubs of bon homie, dining and drinking, so we enjoyed ours al fresco, overlooking a meeting place for dozens of beautiful young things all dressed up to celebrate graduation. Ken looking younger by the minuite.

Saturday
Did the tour of the Opera House. Amazing. The Aussies seem embarresed that it cost 160 m dollars but it's a true gem compared with some of our white elephants and was paying it's way on Sat with audiences of 5,000 happy patrons.

Quick coffee then the ferry round the habour to Sydney Aquarium, followed by drinks and more people watching.

We intended an early night but found that a Christmas concert was to start. Sydney pop orchestra and choir on a platoon on the water. So we grabbed a take-away supper and joined the crowds.

Sunday
Peggy and friend Maggie drove the four of us south of Sydney through the national park that has a great coastline with townships and features of the highway that follows the cliffs on stilts in the sea above the shoreline (a practical OZ solution to avoid falling rocks)

Early evening tea sitting on the rocky headland. White wine and sunset. Fair devision of labour as Ken trimmed some wayward hedging at Maggie's garden.

Monday
Same old grind - down to the quayside by 11am for coffee, taking a long ferry round the harbour stopping at Manley, a lovely strip with beaches on both sides, one sheltered by the harbour and the other open to the pacific surf. Trains and ferries all day cost one pound each - steak sandwich three pounds. They're a happy lot here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



6th December 2007

Glad you're having a wonderful time
We shall post your Christmas card in the usual way. Hope those Aussies aren't still gloating over the Ashes. Merry Christmas. It is a Wiston christmas this year if you wish to telephone 01206 262 632. We now have a horse called 'Indie' and a Land Rover! You can see Pam is busy in retirement.

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb