Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
September 25th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, we've been away from the blog for a while now! Our last post was after Fraser Island, and honestly there wasn't too much to write about from there to Sydney. We drove down the east coast, stopping at the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Byron Bay and (of course) Nimbim, before arriving in Sydney.

Unfortunately Ive already burned my photos and mailed them home, so the two you see right now are the only photos of Sydney left on my camera.

To make a long story short, we arrived in Sydney, drove straight to the Kings Cross Backpacker Car Market, where we sold our car (after five long days) for $2000 dollars. Considering we put 30,000 kms on it and it took us from Perth to Sydney, and everywhere in between, we were extremely happy to take $200 less than what we paid for it. Delores was the best car we have ever owned and we will miss her. Hopefully she treats her new owner as well as she treated us.

After selling the car, we had two weeks in Sydney to kill before flying to Thailand. We stayed in a "hotel" in Kings Cross, managed by
Opera House Opera House Opera House

at night
a crazy Maori who spoke nothing but gibberish. As for Kings Cross, it has the reputation of as a "dangerous" area, full of junkies and prostitutes, but its not even in the same league as East Hastings. Never fear Vancouver, we still have the worst neighbourhood in the Western world!

We actually enjoyed staying in the Cross. It has good restaurants, cafes, pubs and you can walk to all the major sights in Sydney. Clay even found some casual work for a week, helping with the installation of a residential rain-catchment system.
After some sightseeing around Sydney, and a day trip to the Blue Mountain, we said goodbye to Australia, our home for the last eight months!

We'll miss the drive through bottle shops, meat pies and the annoying game show hosts!

RIP
Delores
Holden Commodore 1992 VN
Born: 325,000 kms
Separated: 355,000 kms

"ill always remeber the big dents i put on the hood"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 13; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0922s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb