Sydney - Day 46 - 51


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
April 22nd 2007
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After the hussel and bussel of backpacking around Australia, we decided to end our stay down under with a week in Sydney. We arrived after another long bus ride and we were just ready to crash. We stayed in a really nice condo in a great location in the city center - just what we needed, thanks mom and dad! Unfortunately the weather was really rainy the first three days, but it was great to have a nice place to stay and catch up on some zzzzs.

In between downpours we explored as much as we could in the poor weather. We of course saw and fell in love with the opera house and the harbor bridge, as well as discovered some places we liked including the botanical gardens, Paddington and the Rocks. We really loved Sydney and everything it had to offer. We honestly could live here, we like it that much.

As the weather got better we were able to do more things. On our last night we had one more thing left to do on our list - a ferry ride. The sun had just gone down and we had spectacular views of the city and harbor. Just as the ferrry cruised past the opera house an explosion of fireworks went off behind both the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. It was magical. We're not sure of the ocasion, we'd like to think that it was Sydney giving us our last send off. Hopefully we'll make it back here someday.

We are off to Bangkok tomorrow and we are not really sure what to expect. Ready or not, here we come!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



1st May 2007

BANGKOCK
BE CAREFUL OF THE TRAFFIC IN BANKOCK AND THEY HAVE MASSAGE PLACES TOO WHERE THE WOMEN DRIVEMERCEDES AND OTHER HIGH PRICED CARS. WHEN WE WERE THERE I WANTED TO GO FOR A MASSAGE BUT NO ONE WOULD GO WIYH ME SO I GUESS OI MISSED OUT BUT WHO KNOWS AND I SURE DONT GOD BLESS AND SEE YOU IN THAT PLACE THEY CALLHAWAII I GUESS AND SO FAR SO GOOD
14th May 2007

I loved Sydney too! It's such a beautiful and friendly city. I could totally see you two adventurers living there!

Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb