Happy New Year....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 19th 2007
Published: January 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

NYE BridgeNYE BridgeNYE Bridge

Harbour Bridge in full flow
Happy Belated New Year to all u Bloggers,

Hope u had a good one, we did!!




New Years Eve obviously involved around the world famous fireworks in Sydney.

You would probably expect us to be clubbing till 6am in some sweaty, overcrowded and overpriced nightclub somewhere but far from it.


We spent the evening sitting on rocks on the edge of Cremorne point overlooking the Harbour Bridge, Opera House and the CBD.


We (me, Daz, Shaz and Glen) arrived about 5pm to get a good spot; to be fair if we'd have arrived at 5am, the good viewpoints would still have been gone but we managed to cram in somewhere so not to bad.


We arrived with 'Eski' in tow and settled down for the night.
The only moan point was there was 5 porta-loos for 10,000 people so if i do it again i'll be taken one Eski for the drinks and another for the 'u know wot'!!!!!!

We got a taste of what to come at 9pm as it was the kiddies fireworks show but that was spectacular enough.
I'd have been happy going home then
NYENYENYE

Our spot at Cremorne. The rocks start to grate on the ole Ass cheeks after 8 hours tho'
but with the Tooheys New (lager) still stocked up we were quite content in sitting it out for another 3 hours.



Thank god we did; words can't describe it. If you thought Hemingford Grey was good then you need to get out more and see this bad-boy.


There were Fireworks popping in all directions and you just didn't know where to look and as soon as the Harbour Bridge stepped into action then that really did send shivers down the spine.

It lasted for about 15min but when they spend about 3million bucks (did i just say 'bucks'??? think i've been here to long...................."TAXI") on the show you know it was worth the price of a crate of beer to view it.


Believe it or not we were all tucked up in bed by 2am as we had a heavy New Years Day planned with Judge Jules at the Coogee Bay Hotel (CBH).





After supping latte's with the Jests at Darling Harbour NYD lunchtime, as they had all paid for a NYE celebration at the Botanic Gardens it was time to return back to our pad and apply the Brillcream for the days events.


The doors opened @ midday and closed @3am but we decided turning up when it began would be fatal and we'd all be back in bed by the 6pm news.
Me Daz and Shaz arrived about 5 after a few pre-tipples in Randwick and got into the swing of things straight away with jugs of 'snake bite' and various other wife beating cocktails.

Judge played at 11pm for a couple of hours and the whole day/night was puka except for one thing.....'the music was to damn loud'. What's that all about, ten years clubbing and the ears have finally given up on me. Me thinks my body is trying to tell me that my clubbing days are a thing of the past and it's now time to join a local Bowls club!! I'm sure i could combine the two tho'.



Twas good to be in contact with a few of you over the New year celebrations and by the stories i heard sound like you lot didn't dissapoint and a special thanks to Gym Boy who entertained me with a conversation with a St.Johns Ambulance man in
NYE ViewNYE ViewNYE View

Our view of the Bridge, Opera House and CBD
a club in Birmingham. haha priceless!!!!





New Year over and with out having my usual week long recovery period it was time to go to the Ashes.........................


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

NYE FireworksNYE Fireworks
NYE Fireworks

"OOHHHHHHH" "AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"
The Calm before the StormThe Calm before the Storm
The Calm before the Storm

Is that a Flying Saucer in the background???
THE STORMTHE STORM
THE STORM

Daz was left wondering why he didn't 'pull' that night!?!?!?!
THE JUDGETHE JUDGE
THE JUDGE

'He follows us everywhere'


19th January 2007

HAHA
haha i don't remember that conversation mate, i'm sure it made sense! i think i was in some wierd conservatory in the club!! Take it easy you lucky bastards
21st January 2007

NYE
We've heard it said (How dare they) that London's fireworks were 'superior' to Sydney this year!!!!! But we were there!! supping champers and steak!!
21st January 2007

Daz !
I dunno you part ways and then put THAT photo up of Daz, hilarious!!!!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb