Xmas and New Year 2006/2007


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
January 17th 2007
Published: January 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello and sorry for lack of blog items - been busy partying and then finding myself a job!

After a very long flight from Glasgow via Dubai and Bangkok i finally made it back to Sydney on Xmas morning. Laura came to meet me at the airport which was great and then after a quick shower it was over to Lynette's place for Xmas Dinner. She was a great host and we had roast chicken and loads of veg. Lynette's friends Jo, Carson and Niamh celebrated with us too. After alot of bubbles and some vodka we headed down to Bondi with our Santa hats. Chilling out on the beach was great cos i was shattered. When the sun went down we headed to a bar and then a house party before i finally passed out about midnight through exhaustion!

After a great night's sleep we headed on a booze cruise at Sydney Harbour. Us six girls had a great time drinking and dancing on a really cool boat with 3 floors and great DJs. When it all finished i had to just go straight home though cos of jetlag so missed out on the after party down in Kings Cross.

Hit some more of the Sydney sights with Laura and Guy - went up the Sydney harbour Bridge and got some amazing photos. The pylon is nearly as high as the bridge climb and $241 cheaper!!

Did a tour of the Hunter Valley Vineyards just a few hours outside of Sydney - very drunken day with about 18 other people. A really good group and there was no wine wasted in the tastings! Whilst drunk laura and I decided we would go and get tattoos the next day and that's what we did on the 31st. I was so scared that it would be painful and my stomach was in knots but it didn't hurt nearly as much as i thought. So now i have 3 cool little stars on the inside of my left ankle!

Hogmanay was spent with Lynette, Laura and 20,000 other people on Bondi beach watching Basement Jaxx, Bob Sinclar and a few other DJs - what an amazing night. Finally got home at 6am and phoned my family back in the UK before their new year celebrations had started.

new year's day - our first pint of the year
thai mealthai mealthai meal

to say cheerio to the girls who arr off to NZ
in the Clock Hotel and a thai takeaway plus cheesy telly with Laura & Ailish. Completely shattered!!

After 2 months we met up with our friends from South Molle - Carolin, Pierre, Mathieu, Andy, Mait & Diana, Graham, Chris etc. it's grest becuase they are all here to celebrate in Sydney.

Laura's working as a sales rep for a credit card company now and I started the job hunting again and now find myself working as a travel consultant, selling tours to backpackers like myself who are travelling around Australia- hopefully will involve a few discounted tours for me as I familiarise myself with some of the places I have yet to travel to! So unfortunately there's no more mid week lazing on the beach or long lies, but there will hopefully be more cash in the bank so i can continue my party lifestyle!

The sydney festival is on at the moment so we've been to the opera house to see a dance performance, plus the open air cinema.

That's all for now folks..


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Icebergs @ BondiIcebergs @ Bondi
Icebergs @ Bondi

laura, Julia and me
laura & Lucylaura & Lucy
laura & Lucy

on harbour cruise
laura, laura & Lucylaura, laura & Lucy
laura, laura & Lucy

on harbour cruise
Stuart & mikey at the bridgeStuart & mikey at the bridge
Stuart & mikey at the bridge

before we got soaked on the jet boat
Wine tastingWine tasting
Wine tasting

Wine appreciation taught by Santa Claus!
more wine tasting!more wine tasting!
more wine tasting!

laura and the swiss/finnish people on our tour
On Jay's shouldersOn Jay's shoulders
On Jay's shoulders

so I can see Basement Jaxx
Basement JaxxBasement Jaxx
Basement Jaxx

on Bondi Beach
Lindsay & JillLindsay & Jill
Lindsay & Jill

big night out in Coogee Bay


25th January 2007

Hiya Jill
Great to see your still enjoying my lovely city. life here is insane! We all work a minimum of 12 hours a day 6 days a week! Just feel shattered all the time! Keep the cool pics coming, take care till next time... Scott

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb