Will the real bvchef please stand up?


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney
June 24th 2018
Published: June 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

How often have you seen someone you thought you knew and turns out you didn't? On a plane and a guy walks down the aisle...eyes locking..."Hello I know you"...smiles "I know you too" then to his seat...voice very familiar...wrestling where do I know him from? Says he works selling work clothes in Melbourne...he sure he didn't know me after all...me wrestling for months I know this guy...face and... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 98, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Scenic RailwayScenic Railway
Scenic Railway

The World's steepest railway
The Last SupperThe Last Supper
The Last Supper

Hydro Majestic
Majestic JoMajestic Jo
Majestic Jo

What a trooper
Jazz Hands BrennoJazz Hands Brenno
Jazz Hands Brenno

Brenno...Man of many names
See ya Brenno & JoSee ya Brenno & Jo
See ya Brenno & Jo

What an ordeal...brilliant



24th June 2018

Who is anyone really?
Wow, what a great story of an amazing time. There were so many special times and memories to go with the stunning pictures. All of the bvchef personalities are honored at this story and humbled at you and Denise's hospitality. Jo Trouble, yeah, you added some zip to the visit for sure.
24th June 2018

Who is anyone really?
With so many persona and a music video that will surely go viral, I felt compelled to join the game. Having spent some time with the Chef, honoured are we to have been able to do that. What fun we had together. I hope the blog gave a hint of that. Denise and I think of you often, Brendan. Keep smiling and being you.
24th June 2018

Brilliant group of Travel bloggers
We hope some day to follow in the Chefs footsteps and meet all of these fabulous bloggers. I'm still hearing great stories of adventure and hospitality. Mr. Hooper you are full of tricks and rubber snakes. Carry on and our paths will cross soon!!
24th June 2018

Brilliant group of Travel bloggers
T'was too good a time to not share MJ. Continues the story of the World's Friendliest Travel Community and wonderful times when we get together. Our Virtual Lunch.in Sydney...How good was that!!!! Thanks for introducing Brendan to us...we had a hoot.
24th June 2018

It's a family and thank you all!
Recently someone suggested me that I should use Wordpress to write my blogs as it is to share in various social media; apparently Wordpress has all these in-built buttons. I didn't answer and I was not in a mood to explain to him that our TB social network is more valuable to me than any social media whatsoever. And Dave, your story says it all. It was unfortunate that I didn't start blogging when I last visited OZ, but I will not miss the next opportunity for sure. And this is the first time I saw Jo's photo, although I am very familiar with her Passport!! Dave you are so right, Jo is our technical fulcrum of TB community. We sometimes ignore the amount of time and effort she puts behind all we do here. Dave, may I ask you to pass on my heartfelt gratitude to Jo. 'Much appreciated' is too small a sentence for that. Please plan the next get-together in the Rockies my friends!!
26th June 2018

It's a family and thank you all!
I was requested by China Daily to write for that publication but I refused as I only have one travel family and it is Travelblog. The reason is because it is a family. We have met heaps of TBers and travelled with some. Hopefully we will meet someday Tab. Where there is a will there is a way and the Rockies sound just the place. And as for Jo Trouble you are so right. I'm sure your message of thanks to her will warm her heart. It costs nothing to say something nice but the effect can be priceless.
25th June 2018

What! I missed the party!
You know how to throw the best...getting TBers together. Thanks for blogging the great times you had with the TB family with us. And thanks for showing Linda, Will and I around when we visited in Oct 2012.
26th June 2018

What! I missed the party!
I wanted to include you in the Virtual Lunch Bob but due to time differences and my own technical inadequacies...maybe next time. Was it as long ago as 2012 I pushed you up those bush paths down the back of our place? Then you and Linda returned the favour in your Colorado snowbound home in 2015. An excellent example of what Travelblog offers...like us...friends for life!
25th June 2018

kindred spirits
lovely to see all of you together! So sorry to hear about Jo's accident as I know firsthand just how painful fracturing a femur is!
26th June 2018

kindred spirits
And you like Jo did not let a fractured femur hold you down Harold. And like the pics of Palm Beach and Pittwater...was you and me some time ago with even fewer...in fact no other people on the beach. How good was that?
26th June 2018

It was a grand day.
Thanks for the reminder. Still waiting for you to visit us. Do you know if Jo is off her crutches yet?
27th June 2018

It was a grand day.
Yes John, Jo is off her crutches and was in Umina several days ago. Give us a date and let's get together...let's make it happen.
28th June 2018

Near miss
I often wonder how many ‘near misses’ we travellers have. How many people that we knew were right next to us when dining somewhere overseas? I like the idea of virtual dinners - I would like to try that. Dave.
29th June 2018

Near miss
When I contacted Ali to see if I could have him Skype into our Sydney TB meetup he suggested the Virtual Lunch. On researching I thought I could get up to 200 joining us through the ether. How cool would it have been if I could have got you Arctic huskeys to join in, Dave? But it was not as easy as it sounded. As it turned out we did well to score Ali & the Binkleys who all knew Brendan from California days. I may not be technical but no one can say I am not determined. So can we have a Canuck/Oz Virtual Lunch one day?
28th June 2018

Will the real bvchef please stand up?
As usual Dave, your blogs are entertaining, informative, funny and for me, the cat's meow. What a fab get together. Yes, no rest for the wicked! I loved the pics (some people did not look happy but that is typical of my family when I grab the camera. They all look like suspects.) When I grow up Dave I want to write just like you. OK, I am grown up and have a family but heck I can dream. For now my family and friends have to tolerate my blogs, so god bless them. Keep up the good work as always, your faithful Canadian gal who reads whatever you throw at me. I truly love the travel blog community even though I am such a small cog in the wheel. I love that my aunts, uncles, friends who do not travel can see a bit of what we do even if much of it is much of the same thing do to my work and opportunity. Salud as I raise my glass to all of the TB community!
30th June 2018

Will the real bvchef please stand up?
Ah...I have heard from my fav Canadian gal with her usual encouraging witty repartee. I had never even dreamed of blogging or some of the exciting locations we have travelled before I joined Travelblog, Sal. I only joined TB because I wanted to share photos from Mali & Ethiopia that otherwise would have sat at the bottom of a drawer as usual. Never had I dreamed I would venture into a writing style that is so different than my professional life or met so many other travel dreamers in the ether and in the flesh along the way, some who we can count as true friends. I have blogged about other TB meetups and travels, but this blog was for Brendan. It only gives a hint of the hilarious time we had together. Would have also been the best recovery medicine for Jo who was suffering but always showed a brave face. And it was also for Ali, TB's Blogger No. 1...who made all things TB possible. How lucky are we???!!!
1st July 2018

A matter of 'when' not 'if'
I was so pleased to fiiiinally meet Brendan in person. He might not have known what was in store for him in Sydney, but based on previous Dancing One organised meetups I knew I had to book my flight before the FOMO had a chance to kick in. Thanks to the Dancing Duo for their usual incredible hospitality.
1st July 2018

A matter of 'when' not 'if'
As always it was a pleasure to have you join us Jo. And this blog is also a reminder of how much the Travelblog community appreciates you and your determination to endure. Keep a place in your heart to always know that.
22nd July 2018

Would have loved to attend!
Someday, in the not to far distant, I need to make my way down to the land down under and meet up my favourite dancing friend. :)
22nd July 2018

Would have loved to attend!
I will look forward to when we meet Per-Olof. Whether in Sweden or Oz or elsewhere. I love surprises and also turning them on.

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 26; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb