Day 1 - Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Sydney Harbour
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Business ClassBusiness ClassBusiness Class

I don't care what anyone says...we'll take business class ANY DAY!!
We made it to Dulles without incident thanks to our lovely chauffeur Marta (mwah)! After some simple flirting, we managed to swing business class upgrades to Los Angeles International airport. If this is how the other half lives, sign us up!

Dinner service started with some warm mixed nuts followed up by an appetizer of prosciutto garnished with parmesan cheese, served with cantaloupe puree. The salad was an olive oil and balsamic vinegar accompanied by a mozzerella, cherry tomato and fresh basil salad. Kip selected the homemade three cheeses tortellini with romano sauces topped with tomato, mushroom and mozzarella while Frank opted for the Flat Iron Steak with broccolini and smashed potatoes accented with bacon. Dessert consisted of Breyers vanilla ice cream topped with fudge, butterscotch or seasonal fruit topping, whipped cream and pecans. We also snacked on Ghiradelli chocolates and Otis Spunkmeyer cookies while sipping on champagne.

Oh, and there is nothing like a seat that reclines and has an elevated foot rest!

After we transferred at LAX to our 747-400ER, we were actually impressed that we were able to sleep during the 14 hour flight and felt little to no jet lag! Granted this was no business class, but the on-demand movies helped pass some of the time.

We arrived in Sydney and hit the ground running!

We took the train down to Circular Quay and walked a block and a half to the Marriott. We arrived by 10 am and were permitted early check in. After getting showered and changed, we walked around Sydney Cove and toured the famed Sydney Opera House. We also purchased our tickets for a performance on Thursday of Mozart’s Requiem.

After taking pictures and video around the cove, we boarded a ferry over to Darling Harbor. At Darling Harbor we ventured around, grabbed lunch, and then started our walk back to the hotel. Sydney is a very walkable city…

On our way back to the hotel, we stumbled upon the 3-story Apple store! We were like giddy kids in a candy store…a very expensive candy store! The glass steps that lead to the upper levels made for breathtaking staircases. Apple also had free wifi…unlike every other place in Sydney that charges an arm and a leg for internet access!

After prying ourselves from the Apple store, we ventured back to our hotel where we slept very well for 10-hours!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Business Class DessertBusiness Class Dessert
Business Class Dessert

Ice cream anyone?!
Our FIRST Sydney Opera House PhotoOur FIRST Sydney Opera House Photo
Our FIRST Sydney Opera House Photo

Needless to say, there are/were/will be more!
Frank leaning on the Opera HouseFrank leaning on the Opera House
Frank leaning on the Opera House

Or is he holding it up?


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb