Jolly Green Giant


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Parramatta
April 27th 2008
Published: April 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

No ... still have not left yet. But I feel compelled, for those who are not within the privileged group who already know, to explain the "name" of my blog. JOLLY GREEN GIANT So here goes ......

To complete a trip such as the one I am planning, it is prudent to be prepared. Therefore, specifically for this trip, I acquired a 2000 model Toyota Landcruiser 100 series. Cruisers go forever - they just don't stop (famous last words?). The car appears to be well looked after, has low kilometres, and is green in colour. Which brings me to the purpose of this entry. A work colleague ... who also happens to be a world renowned author (his most successful publication being "The Book of Letters" - are we counting sales on two hands yet Anthony?) ..... dubbed my new acquisition the "Jolly Green Giant" or "JGG" for short. The name stuck.

To top this off, another work colleague (Lurch to his mates) .... arranged for a rear window sticker to be tailored for the JGG. Of course the sticker had to be in "Shrek Green"! This sticker now takes pride of place on the rear window of the JGG.

Hence the name of this blog.

I have attached a few pics of the JGG for those who are interested. Still a few things to have done - including fitting spotties to the bullbar, and a probable conversion to LPG for the trip. More on that later .....

Enjoy!




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

JGG StickerJGG Sticker
JGG Sticker

Note the Shrek Green window sticker!


9th May 2008

sad to see you go
HI Richard, The place won't be the same without you. But then again I'm sure we'll cope. I hope you enjoy your jaunt around Oz. Take care, Mary
29th May 2008

Hello Richard, Like the JGG. Surely since this page you ahd time to pack things up so, stop the chatting and go, man,go! Looking forward to some of the promised great pictures! CRF

Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0989s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb