Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
January 3rd 2011
Published: January 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

G'day

Hope everyone had a fab Christmas and a happy new year!! We have had a lovely time in sydney and it's made a nice change to have some good weather. We spent Xmas day at bondi beach with Teri and Lindsey, plenty of beer and we had a BBQ. It was scorching and it was packed with english drunks including Liam haha!!

For the new year we went to a place called Balmain which overlooks Sydney harbor bridge. The fire work display was amazing, there were so many people there and the atmosphere was really good. It was a shame that we had to walk home as the bus ques and taxi lines were so busy, it took us 3 hours from leaving to getting home although we did manage to get a nice greasy kebab when we finally got home at 4.30am lol.

Whilst in Sydney we also went to Darling harbour which was a twenty minute ferry ride away. We preferred Darling harbor to Sydney harbour as there is much more to do there and more things going off. We also did the obvious stuff, walked the harbor bridge, went to the opera house, walked through the botanic gardens and we went on a trip to the blue mountains.

On one day we went to Manly beach which was really nice but for most part of the day we weren't allowed in the sea as there had been shark sightings not far off the shore!! It felt really surreal to hear a tannoy telling people to get out of the water because there were sharks about and believe it or not some idiots ignored it and just stayed in.

We were sad to leave Sydney mainly because of the wether but our journey continues!!!

Lots of love xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 124, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



4th January 2011

Hello u 2 not long now b4 your home haha.Anyway ive looked thru yeh photos and it looks like a very nice place (must drop hint to steve).That long walk on news year day will av sobbered yeh up hey!Ya foot looked very sore did u 4get the suntan lotion liam.We went up2 birchwood farm with jamie en laura on new years eve we ad a gud night,£20 4 a 4 coarse meal a dj we got in at 2,me in at 2 i was knackered all next day but we managed 2 go 2 lauras 4 a cooked breakfast.Anyhow its gud 2 av heared frm u enjoy the rest ov ya honeymoon c u both soon xx

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb