Opera...The Rocks.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
December 11th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Up with the alarm at 8.30. Head pounds with the sound of a million jackhammers. I am never drinking again. (Ha, ha, ha.) Had breakfast in the restaurant then went to Sydney. Got off the train at Martin Place. Let me tell you about the trains; they are two story and they would fit so well on the South Eastern Trains line to Kent. All the times we got on them, even at peak times we always got a seat. Walked down to Circular Quay. Went to the Opera House. Richie did the tour and I went to the local stalls. Bought myself a ring. Walked back along Circular Quay to The Rocks area. Found a market stall under the bridge and had a look around. Walked under the bridge and looked at the bolts that holds the bridge in place. HUGE. Found out about the bridge climb location and then walked back to Circular Quay through the back streets of The Rocks. Had lunch/dinner at a restaurant on Circular Quay. Decided to have the seafood platter…a good size serving of seafood. Hmmm…big country serves big meals. WADDLED after the meal to get the ferry to Tarronga and back. Sat on a bench looking out into the harbour. Got so engrossed in the scenery that missed the boarding call and watched as our boat pulled out. Not to waste a chance to go on the harbour again, caught the ferry to the Aquarium again. Walked to Town Hall Station. Got sidetracked by the Queen Victoria Building. It is a shopping arcade with the most gorgeous clock and Queen Vicky’s coronation robes and crowns. There are also pianos that play by themselves. This is one of the best buildings I have seen for architectural excellence. Train to Kings Cross and the hotel. Early bed at 11pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb