Oz Tales Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Kings Cross
May 21st 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So last night i hung out on the terrace at the hostel chatting to some german guys and an italian guy who have been working in Oz and heading home soon, caught a wicked sunset over the city and saw massive bats fly over the city.

I then went to the pool room and had the pizza and wine and i managed to scoff 6 slices of pizza which is more than i have eaten for a few days.....lol and as for the wine i think at least ten mug fulls and i played drinking games and cards with other travelers who had had the pizza and wine, a good deal for 2 dollars.

Then some of us headed to the world end bar and got a free drink and a laugh at some bad karokee singers and then back to the dorm and grabbed some toast and chatted with some UK guys from my dorm and then off to bed.

I woke up and headed off to get some supplies from coles which is like the aussie walmart and then got the ferry out to Tarango zoo and the price shocked me as i was lead to belive it was 25 dollars and it was 39 dollars, i had a 20 percent off voucher which eased some of the pain...lol. when i got to the top of the zoo after going up in a cable car i met a british couple who live near cleethorpes and not so far from my parents and so we spent the day hanging out and chatting and viewing the zoo and it was a great zoo although some animals were missing.

I had my usual budget lunchtime staple of bread and cheese slices and tammy and naj had a burger at the zoo cafe. We then got the ferry back to the city and they were going to meet a friend and they are staying in kings cross aswell and have three weeks in Oz. They are doing the blue mountains tomorrow and doing it as an oraganised tour and im not sure whether to get the train out to the blue mountains or get a tour.

Advertisement