Blue Mountainishness And Bondi Surf Awesomeness


Advertisement
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So after my last blog i booked a 55 dollar tour to the blue mountains at the wicked travel travel agency in kings cross. It was a 7.40am pick up from outside the holiday inn in kings cross.

So i grabbed some food from the supermarket as lunch was not included in the tour and i tried to book a surf lesson but everywhere apart from the bondi surf school are closing down for winter.

I headed for bed early and decided to wear trousers and take a fleece and not make the mistake of going to the zoo and freezing, i got up early and caught the end of the man united and chelsea champions league finala nd i wasnt disappointed, the reds delivered and what a shame for chelsea.....lol.

I got the bus and it was a big group, the was about 20 of us and i was the only english person, the were americans,kiwis,danish etc etc.

Our driver was also our guide and he was really nice and knowledgable and first stop we saw wild kangeroos which was cool. Then we went to an outlook and the views were amazing, the was a choice of a few short wlaks or a long walk into grand canyon and i went with some others on the long wlak and we had a different kind dennis who is a blue mountains local and funny and very knowledgable and it was a great wlak and i chatted to various people and on the way bumped into naj and tammy and their friend matt.

At the top we headed to katoomba and some went on the sky cable which was 19 dollars i gave it a miss and naj and tammy were there and said it was not worth doing so glad i ddint waste my money and arranged to meet them next morning to go to bondii and see if me and tammy could do a surf lesson.

The bus then dropped us back and back at the hostel i ended up hanging out with the hostel folk from the pizza nite and drinking sangree and champange and then going to a barr the worlds end and a few free beers and then a long and expensive trip to the internet cafe to try and get my bank to transfer money to pay my credit card.

Next morning up early and i met naj and tammy and mat at there hostel and we headed for bondi and me and tammi booked in for a lesson, the lesson was at twelve and so we grabbed a bite to eat and naj and mat worked out on the beach gym, eventually it was time and we suited up in wet suits and we headed off with the group and two guides sean and ryan.

First of all was an ice breaker and some toips and then we hit the surf and why havent i tryed surfing before?, it was great fun and i nosedived a few times and then sean went through tips for standing and me and tammy had some good stand ups and tammy made it to shore and it was a tiring but amazing 2 hours and then we got changed and we all walked the costal walk to coogee which was wicked and headed back to there hostel and a cup of tea and a chat and we said goodbyes and promised to meet for beers in the uk.

Advertisement