Mardi Gras at the house with the pink door!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Darlinghurst
March 9th 2008
Published: March 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Oh my goodness, I cannot tell you how excited I was about seeing my first ever Mardi Gras - not that it's somethign I could have avoided really as the parade pretty much passed my lovely pink front door, and on top of it all Saturday the 1st March was my 6 months of travelling anniversary - what a way to celebrate!! We decided to make the most of the sun and spent the majority of the day on Bondi Beach, but sods law when we arrived there it was too cold to do anything more than look at the sea and shiver! So instead we got back on the bus to the main shopping centre, Bondi Junction, which is about 10 mins from the beach on the bus, and met up with some friends of Nisha's and participated in a bit of retail therapy.

By the time we got back to Darlinghurst preparations for the evening were in full swing, so we hot footed it into the shower and into our Mardi Gras outfits, and wandered out to see what was happening. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing, I wish I could describe it to you all but I just don't think I could do it justise. There were loads of people dressed up for the occasion. Lots of leather outfits, quite a few 'village people', thousands of wigs, glitter, feather boas, wings and even a peter pan!! We walked up the road to try and get a better view in our friends front garden. The parade itself went on for about 2 and a half hours and was absolutely amazing, there were so many people supporting it - we had so much fun!! After it was all over it stayed just as crazy - there was so many people it was unbelievable! We fought our way through the crowds and spent the rest of the night partying with the best of them at Darling Harbour!!

The rest of the weekend and week has been much more sedate, we've pretty much spent it in our tracky bottoms enjoying the fact that we have a house - even after a month it still feels like a novelty!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



8th April 2008

how r u
hi seems like you've been away for ages well i suppose u have. how r u? the mardi day sounded pretty cool and passing past your groovy pink door lucky you. make sure u up date your blog more often love u loads love emily :) xx

Tot: 0.59s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.5159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb