Our House!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Coogee Beach
December 3rd 2005
Published: December 6th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The viewThe viewThe view

It has been awesome weather but doesn't, look that good here, think it's just the heat haze making it look slightly dull.
The time has come to move to our flat in Coogee.
The alarm from my phone began as the introduction to Kanye West, "Golddigger" belted out from the small speaker on the back, I rolled over to instantly hit the snooze button, which seemed a standard thing to do everytime anyones alarm started ringing. 9 minutes later "She takes ma money..." shreaks out once again so I sit up to consider climbing down the cold metal ladder from the top bunk. The rest of the guys were still sleeping until someone elses phone begins ringing out it's annoying alarm tone. They each in turn begin to stirr and the general grunts, yawns and tired eyes awaken. Through the tiredness excitment begins to brew as we are due to check out and move to our house on the beach. The morning proceedures begin and we carry our big heavy backpacks down to reception to check out just before 10am. (i)Need food(/i) We head to Quinzos sub fast food cafe to get cheap bacon, egg and cheese subs before we make the trip to Bondi Junction to collect our keys from the letting aganecy (The Furnished Property Group). I was very tired and feeling a little blurry as Matt and I went out last night to say farewell to SideBar and SucBar. With my headphones on in my own musical world Colin calls down a cab and we load our bags into the boot and jump in to travel to Bondi Junction to get our keys.
We arrive only to find that there has been a mix up and our keys have been miss placed (things are never simple). As we wait in the small busy office with the phone rining every 2 minutes "Hello Furnished Property Group".... "How many people need accomodation?"..... "What's your price range?" ....."we only have one two bedroomed property available, would you like to organise a viewing?" etc. etc. My headphones were donned once again as I tried to block out the busy hubbub of the office. After much confusion and a bit of arguing we are eventually given their one key, their master key, so that we could move in today, well worth paying all that money then?!!!
As we walked outside the excitement began to brew once again as we jumped into another cab to take us to our new home. We arrived to the flat with sun bleaching the white sand and the clear blue sky making the sea look like a huge turquoise bath, ah home sweet home. After a short walk we go up to our flat to check it out and drop off our bags, which felt like weights were being added each step we took. We walked into a slightly dirty kitchen, and peered into each room, with beds all over the place and dust coating all the surfaces.. not satisfactory, so a phone call was made straight away! "Hello Furnished Property Group" grrr!!! They told us that some cleaners were due to clean the flat on Monday. As we walked through to the lounge we couldn't help but ignore the dust and dirt to admire the stunning view from our lounge and balcony and the levels of excitement peaked!!! Wow!
Sorting of the flat commenced and some cleaning and sweeping here and there took place to make the flat liveable. Now it looked really cool. After pulling names out of a hat Matt and Chris were in Room one and Colin and I were in Room two. I used my Changing Rooms instincts to shape our room into a very comfortable and cool looking place to lay our sleepy heads.
As it was Saturday night Matt, Chris and Colin all had jobs to do and headed off thier various work stations. I went for a walk down the beach in the dark and got myself and apple pie ice cream, it's a hard life being unemployed! I watched some crazy hippy guy do some juggling with a frying pan an apple and a flaming club, taking a bite out of the apple each time it came round, clever chap! I went back to the flat and fell asleep on the sofa which looks out over the ocean, I could get used to this.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



6th December 2005

Bastard!
Looks AMAZING! I'll be there tomorrow... you say you have a couch! Great. Workning lots, doing doubles, a dray, and all sorts next week. Wonderful. Take it you've not found a job yet? Balls! As the one with the most qualifications you'd have thought it would have been easy?! Are there any bars near your flat? If there is just get a job in one to see you over till you find something else... Also, will be good for being yuor local?! Nothing much to report here. Not much happenin with Frame. This time of year is always weird. Was hoping for more to happen after the intel thing went out, but I suppose it doesn't happen instantly! Sounds like you're having a reat time. Looking forward to hearing more. Col.

Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb