The Other Side of the World!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
June 21st 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Good Day!! Greetings from Oz! We have had the most brilliant time in SYdney, we are both totally blown away by the place. We arrived to a rather chilli 17 degrees which was defibnately a shock to the system after Bali especially while Britain experiences the best heat waves in ages! Sod's Law! We arrived in our apartment to a fantastic view over Bondi beach and the bay. Every morning we watched the surfers as we ate breakfast! It was fantastic having cooking facilities again and I was overwhelmed with joy at the ability to have a cup of tea with real milk again...agh the simple pleasures! Due to this much time was spent walking around countless supermarkets looking for food which we "could" cook, only to leave with more pasta and bolognese sauce. Though having such a large apartment it was always a joy to exploit the cooking potential. We spent a couple of days exploring around Bondi and the stunning coastline around, though I was fully wrapped up! Some extremley hard (and in most cases old) people were still out in the public outdoor swimming baths, unbelieveable they obviously must have been ex pats!!

Sydney itself was just
Eating cake!!Eating cake!!Eating cake!!

Sydney Harbour bridge or cake, bridge or cake, bridge or cake......mmmmm cake
a great city. It reminded us a lot of New York, with the amazing skyline but seemed much more relaxed, with loads of outdoor cafes and pubs with the outdoor heaters blazing. The shopping malls were just huge and all had great food courts in them, I think we definately ate a good amount of cake! So much chocolate cake so little time! There seemed to be everysort of food available and we ate laods of really good sushi. We took little parsels down to Darling Harbour and enjoyed sitting in the sun, eating and watching the boats go by...all very chilled. THe harbour area with the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, were a spectacular sight and we explored both by foot and on ferries. A perfect mix of East meets West. It was all very stunning with a lovely atmpsphere around. Kyle even found himself volunteereed into some street theatre, which was all good fun!

On Friday we climbed the bridge. This was excellent fun, a three hour 'experience' and bizzarely safety conscious after South East Asia! However, I don't think any girl should be forced into a grey jumpsuit! The climb provided us with
Nic in her jumpsuitNic in her jumpsuitNic in her jumpsuit

anika rice anyone?
uninhibited panoramic views of the city and surrounding area. It really was stunning and it is definately one of the highlights of the trip so far. Of course we bought the obligitary cheesy photo which we'll show when we get home! After the climb we went intot her oldest part of the city and endulged in lots of Oz beer and wine...just to expand the cultural experience you understand! Everyone we've met has been very friendly and we were definately disapointed to leave, one for a revisit perhaps! We are noe heading off up the East coast in a dodgy campervan, with Charlie Brown painted on the side (it could have been worse, there was a clown one there!) Definately an adventure to be had!... i smell a sitcom!!

Hope everyone is well and good
Go the socceroos!!!
Kyle and Nic


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb