Tan coming along nicely!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
March 24th 2009
Published: March 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Flew in to Sydney airport last Tuesday and headed straight to Circular Quay to catch the ferry to Manly. Very sunny - delighted! The hostel we booked in to is on the Corso, the pedestrianised area that goes from the ferry terminal to the beach, and is a 10 second walk from the sand. Spend all of Wednesday and Thursday sunbathing/watching hot surfers, good times!

On Friday, Fiona and I caught the ferry back to Circular Quay so we could meet up with Mairi and Ian (Mairi is a teacher at Kingsford with my mum). It was awesome coming round in to the harbour...fantastic views of the bridge/opera house etc. Was great seeing familiar faces, and nice to hear stories from home. Mairi very kindly treated us to lunch (Thank you so much!) then they headed off to the airport. Fiona and I walked in to town, pretty damn good at navigating our way around, and investigated the Ugg shop once again.

Saturday was spent on Manly beach, starting to get a bit of a tan, whoop! Decided it was time for a move so on Sunday we headed to Bondi for more beach fun. Bondi is great, much busier than Manly even though the beach is a lot shorter.

Hostel is awesome, lots of fun and great roommates. We're in a 10 bed dorm, all girls, good banter. Spend our days working on our tans (yes, I'm actually getting one at last!) Last night I met two guys in our hostel who are from Westhill, what a small world! So headed out for some drinks and realised we know a few of the same people. Have already decided that a night out when we get back to Aberdeen is necessary. Have booked in here until Friday, still hoping to hear about a job soon. If not, who knows where we'll be by the weekend - what a life!!!!

Advertisement



26th March 2009

headteacher@kingsford.aberdeen.sch.uk
Hi Sands - great to get the news! HAve emailed you today already re finances! Keep slapping on the sun cream.Bondi sounds great fun.Love you heaps. MumXXXX PS Still smiling when I look at my flowers.
9th April 2009

headteacher@kingsford.aberdeen.sch.uk
Hi Sands. Just back from Wrexham - not as long a drive as I thought it would be. Five hours - but we had a one hour stop for some food etc. Got home and did the washing of the kit for Adam's next jaunt. Taking Tom, Stuart and Adam to Edinburgh early this evening (Thursday) - will have food then bed as boys have to be at Edinburgh airport for 5.30am Friday morning. Hope you have arrived safe at your next port of call -I did text but maybe you have no signal - I'll try phoning too. Keep having a great time - but - yes you've guessed it - take care! Love you heaps and heaps. Mum XXXX
19th April 2009

Mum calling!
Hi Alex! What - still on Blog 18!! Get going - you know I check every day and like to keep up to date! Daddy just offered to make me a cup of tea - exciting eh!! Love you heaps! Mum XXXX

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb