further adventures


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
September 1st 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had couple of days dosed with the cold, imagine, come all this way to have the cold.
We spent a morning walking round the opera house, it is amazing, was a lovely day sun was shinning, we had a lovely lunch on circular quay.
Opal museum had a look at how they are mined & how much thy cost!!!
Crunulla BreachA lovely little beach in the suburbs where we had a walk aroud & then lovely fish & chips.
Martyn spent a few days in Brisbane visiting is mate.
Paddys markets-Crazy indoor market where you can buy anything!
Tourist bus, hop on hop off bus all around Sydney, seen Mrs Mcquaries chair, botanic gardens, Kings cross & loads more.
I done a coastal walk from Coogee beach to the Famous Bondi Beach.
It was another lovely day and the views were amazing, I paddled my feet in the sea at Bondi of course. There were so many surfers there, they looked like little black dots out on the sea as I walked down the cliffs.
Done some shopping in Bondi as well, lovely.

A nurses conference, how sad, I know some of you are shouting how SAD, but this was a big conference that Charlotte’s hospital was running so she had to go and managed to get me a place, she said there would be good food and boy was she right! I have never seen so much food, they really know how to do conferences here. At the end there was cocktails and free bar!!!
And the goodie bag amazing, it had teddies, plants, shower timers, water bottles, fantastic.
Then all the reps had stalls with loads more freebies.
But that wasn’t the best bit - the last session was a girl called Lauren Burns she was the Olympic gold medal winner for Taekwondo in the 2000 Sydney Olympics.
She gave a really inspirational talk about her journey and her achievements, then she taught us some of the basic Taekwondo moves it was soo funny everyone in the conference jumping around doing kicks & hits. Then she taught us how to break a square of wood in two, I actually done it and she signed it for me.

Chicken shops!!
ever been to one? they are the best thing, just walk in and pick your cooked chicken how you want it, stuffed, BBQ, roasted and all your salad, potatoes & veg, just go home & eat it.

we had a fantastic time with The Malloys. We miss them.





Advertisement



7th September 2008

saddo
Can't believe you went to a conference....crazy girl.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb