Bondi Beach


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
March 18th 2008
Published: March 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

When we got back to Sydney from Melbourne we decided to get ourselves over to Bondi Beach which is only a short bus ride away. We got ourselves booked into a dorm in a hostel which was overlooking the beach (better than some of the hotels) and when we arrived we passed out there for a few hours to get over our overnight bus journey.

Fully rested up we explored the town and had coffee and the biggest slab of shortbread you have ever seen overlooking the beach. In the evening we polished off a couple of litres of wine which someone had left for free in Melbourne and got a fairly early night. The next day we went on a coastal walk from Bondi Beach, south to Coogee (cud-jee) beach. On the way we noticed that someone had strung up a tarpaulin and appeared to be living in a small cave in the rockface, very nice place really. The main reason for our trip was that we had some vouchers for free drinks at pubs which happened to be dotted at convenient intervals along the path. On our way back we even stopped into the famous Iceberg Pool and bar (another free drink was involved) and sat and watched the surf roll in.

Bondi was lovely, and just what you would imagine an Aussie beach to be like. No hanging around for us though, the next day we were back on the train up to Woy Woy for easter.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Icebergs poolIcebergs pool
Icebergs pool

Famous for being a pool full of seawater and something about the first one in Oz, or the world or something....we had had a few beers at this point.


Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb