still looking


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
February 17th 2008
Published: February 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I'm still looking for somewehre to live today, but not too worried yet, its about the same price to live in teh hostel as it is for rent per week so i have a little time until school starts. the weather is really nice here, like 75 ish everyday and sunny. sydney is big like ny, but all the streets are named, no number streets, but cleaner adn feels a little safer, and warm like southern cali.
went to my school yesterday, its really nice looking, they are doing a lot of construction to make it all more modern by 2010. there is a huge mardi gras festival there today, we might go check it out. the animals here are crazy, huge spiders, saw a dead bat yesterday, saw a bird get run over today while waiting for the bus. teh beach is filled with blue boxes which are the jelly fish, they are poisionious but not deadly unless you are alergic to them.

There are many things that seem very americanized like starbucks on the corner and subway and dominos pizza;. At mc donalds you can get a soft serve ice cream cone for 30 cents while a meal is 7-8 dollars.



Advertisement



19th February 2008

Thinking of you
Megan, I found you need to subscribe to get an email of your new blog entries. We look forward to hearing about what you are eating. Can you cook in the hostel? Hope the O week is going well and that you meet at least a few Aussies. Did you buy Aussie sunscreen? Love, G Sally

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb