Christmas


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sydney » Bondi Beach
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in sydney on the 23rd of December a day before all of our friends did. We checked in and went out around sydney exploring and sampling all the pubs! as you do. On new years eve the rest of our friends started to arrive, we had prebooked a room in a hostal for 11 of us and it was located right in the city center, The 11 friends were all the people we use to hang around with in Perth and we get along great by the time everyone arrived we were all getting ready to go out. It was christmas eve!!!! as you can see the eveing went off with a bang and we partyed till the early hours, bringing in christmas at a local club then down to a famous irish pub called Scruffy Murphys thats open 24hours! after our money had been spent it was 5 maybe 6 am so we headed back to the room to carry on the anticts.
Christmas day we were awoken by one of the girls so we could open our presants at 10AM! we had all agreed to do a secret santa for each other so we would at least have 1 presant to open, and i had drawn the girl that woke us up. She was a good friend that use to date my mate back in perth and when she left to go to Newzeland for a month then to Sydney to meet us, we all gave her a bit of stick about how much she was going to miss him. So i bought her a teddy and had a picture of Hue blown up and stuck to its face!! I should have had the camra ready to take a picture of her face pricless! I got a pair of thi boxing shorts and a tabacco tin saying 'horny little devil'. We hung around the room for a while then headed out to find somewhere to eat. Only to find that the 24hour city compleatly shuts down on xmas day! after hours of serching we found a pub having a 'xmas party' including xmas dinner, we paid, sat and waited with a few drinks for an hour and a half! only to eventually be served with somthing like you would get at a homeless shelter! it was realy that bad. The worst meal I have ever had put in front of me! It consisted of two small potatoes a spoon full of frozen veg, two slices of meat that had clearly been bought from a deli and cold gravy! after that we left and went for a kebab.
Boxing day we all went to the 3d-imax cinima which clames to have the biggest screen in the world! and it was huge and the 3d effects were unreal, then for most of the week we just hung around going to bondi beach and coogie beach and a little bit of sightseeing. one night we took a walk up to the harbor to take a look a sydney harbour bridge and the opra house at night and I managed to take these auwfull photos.lol.
New years eve came around quick and we didnt realy have any plans. We decided at the last minuet to go to the harbor and find somewhere to watch the fireworks from. we arrived at 4pm and the place was already jam packed with people. We managed to find a spot and layed down our sheets (which we borrowed from the hostal) and got comfortable the atmosphere was amasing, singing and dancing and pleny of beer! by the time 12 came around we were all sozzeled as you can see by the pictures. The fireworks were amasing totaly mindblowing the skies just lit up in all directions not just from the bridge and opra house. After the fireworks were over there was a mas exidus and we went to a pub and kept on going all night and all day! i think i got into bed around 6pm new years day! New years eve deffinetly made up for christmas day it was mental. But also its the last time i spend christmas away from my family. Between the 3rd and 4th of january we all started to go our own ways some friends went to fiji, newzeland,south america or back to perth, I on the other hand headed down to Melbourn with two friends for work and money as sydney left me compleatly broke!



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

From me to youFrom me to you
From me to you

dianes xmas presant from me


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb