Byron Bay & Nimbin


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Nimbin
October 3rd 2011
Published: October 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 21, 02/10/11
Slept in until 10 as was shattered from little sleep the night before, rang up OzExperience coach company to book the next leg of my journey to Surfers Paradise on Wednesday.
I had planned to work here in Byron Bay but it is a tiny town with not much here, I have heard that Surfers Paradise is very good for work and is more built up.
Took a circular walk up to the lighthouse and a few metres further to Australia's most easterly point.
Later I went back to the free internet shop and booked accommodation at surfers paradise and searched for a job, found 7 ones I like the look of so have sent out emails and phone calls so fingers crossed. Booked a trip to Nimbin tomorrow and the local bar Cheeky Monkeys had a free BBQ tonight so I went there for dinner.

Day 22, 03/10/11
Bus picked us up at 10:10am from hostel and we took a trip to Nimbin which is a tiny town about an hour inland from Byron Bay. Nimbin is a tiny one road town and is the home of all hippys and drugs. All the shops are very whacky and their are constantly people on the street trying to sell you 'weed' or a 'cookie' - any guesses as to what's in the cookie? It is not legal in Australia but for some reason the police seem to turn a blind eye to it in Nimbin. It was a brilliant place there, only needed an hour and half to do whole village and museum. Afterwards we headed for a BBQ and saw some lovely views before heading back to Byron Bay.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb