10 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
September 10th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

There was no rush this morning as we took the time to enjoy nature's finest at Coopernook State Forest. A few fellow campers were getting ready to hit the road but the majority looked like they would be staying for a few days and no one that has seen this spot could blame them.

After getting back out on the Pacific Highway we pulled into Forster for lunch and found a nice picnic area overlooking the sea. From there we headed south along the coast and stopped off at Elizabeth Beach which was a gorgeous secluded beach that we walked to through some sand hills. Sitting in the car for long periods of time sometimes leads to cabin fever so we spent half an hour getting some fresh air and exercise walking along the soft sand as the waves rolled in.

Back at the car park we found the toilet block had cold showers available and with the plan being to back up another night in a free camp we jumped at the chance to freshen up. The water was bone chilling cold but it gave us a new lease of life.

The next hour or so was spent looking for free camp options but everything we came across was not exactly suitable so with darkness approaching we headed towards Newcastle and found a caravan park by the coast in Stockton with the Tasman Sea only a stones throw away from the entrance.

We'll see what Newcastle has to offer in the morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.5kb