9 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales
September 9th 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A stroll along the beach kicked off the day and the waves were perfect for the local surfers. It looked so inviting I felt like getting out there too but there are a few small hitches to that; firstly I don't have a board and secondly and most importantly I can't surf. Nevertheless the magic of being on the beach under the sun never fades.

We put Coffs Harbour in our rearviewmirror just after mid morning and headed south on the Pacific Highway and made a quick pit stop at Urunga. Surrounded by the Bellinger River this was a gorgeous spot and I could have easily spent the day in this sleepy little coastal town. I took some great pics looking out over the River towards the ocean but photos never do what you are looking at any justice. We then continued heading south and the highlight of today were the spectacular river crossings.

After stopping at Kempsey on the Mid North Coast for lunch we headed towards Coopernook State Forest and found a terrific camping ground for the night. The days continue to be very warm of late but once you are out in the middle of nature surrounded by 20 metre high trees it doesn't take long for the evening chill to sweep in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb