Rain Rain Go Away!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
July 28th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was a little on the wet side, actually more of a tidal wave with rain rain rain. So due to the weather we changed our plans and visited the Marime Museum in Darling Harbour. Was good to see Australia had more history at sea than just convict ships and we enjoyed finding out about thier involvement in the world wars.
The rest of the day was spent shopping in Paddys Market and enjoying the covered roof top pool and gym at the hotel.
In the evening we dined at a Italian restaurant recommended by our concierge which served a top pizza and garlic mushrooms.

Our last day in Sydney was a little drier and we jumped on the ferry and popped over to Manly and the beach. After watching the surfers do thier thing we walked around the shops before buying lunch from a take away sandwhich bar, which we ate on the beach with a view. The trip across on the ferry was the highlight with great views of the harbour, bridge and opera house. We returned to the hotel with a little spare time so the kids made the most of the hotel and jumped in the pool.
At 4pm we were met by Neil and left sydney to make the drive up to Newcastle and start stage three of our trip down under.
Stay tuned for the next exciting entry to the Pearce's in Australia lol.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.256s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb