The third kick-off


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
May 7th 2010
Published: July 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

It's that time again!
Leonie and Peter (AKA: Lucky Pete, Never Tell-a-Lie Pete, Trust-Me Pete, Work Experience Boy) are heading off on another adventure.
This time it's via Adelaide, Alice Springs, Tanami Desert, Wolfe Creek, Bungle Bungles, Kalumburu, Mitchell Falls, Kununurra, Katherine, Kakadu, Arnhem Land, Far North Queensland and then back to Newcastle.
We will probably be on the road for about six months this time.

Everything is prepared except for the very reliable Toyota Hilux.
Make a note girl: 'NEVER BUY ANOTHER TOYOTA HILUX'.
This new Hilux model appears to be as under-designed as the other Toyotas making the news.

So its farewell to fabulous staff at Newcastle Private Hospital.

Everything is packed, the Engel fridge is running cool and we are itching to go. Just as soon as Toyota repair another fault, this time in the Airbag system. We will be using the same travelling style as last year, i.e. our faithful trailer (AKA: Chucky) loaded up with the boat, the camp kitchen and the mighty Engel fridge and the roof-top tent on the Hilux.

We have invested in an additional Engel fridge to allow more flexibility with storage of perishables (mainly fish).
Last year we tried a Waeco cooler but that proved to be inadequate in the higher temperatures of northern Australia.

I’ll endeavour to keep you up-to-date with future Travelblogs from the Work Experience Boy as we get further on with the trip.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0623s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb