Newcastle via Canberra


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
March 8th 2009
Published: March 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got to Canberra about 7 am on our night bus from Melbourne. It was a long night, and we were pretty tired so we didn't really do much in Canberra. Mostly eating and sleeping. We left Canberra at 9 am the next morning (March 6th) and got to Newcastle about 5 pm. March 7th we walked past the Ocean Baths and several beaches to Nobby's Head where there was an old lighthouse, and then went to the beach after lunch. It was a really good beach day and the water was really nice - but it was lucky the lifeguards warned everyone about the current - it was really strong even just standing in the water up to our knees! We could also get all the way soaked from just standing to our knees too because the waves were so high. Today we went on an excursion to the grocery store, once again made far more complicated and time consuming due to our inability to find our way around places that don't label their streets!! We spent the afternoon at Blackbutt Reserve walking a bit and then checking out the kangaroos, scary fighting emus, wallaroos, and lots of birds. We also finally saw what a wombat looked like and saw some koalas that actually did more than just sit there. Two of them kissed! It was very cute, we decided it made the whole day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Ocean SprayOcean Spray
Ocean Spray

I got very wet taking this picture


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb