Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Had some repairs carried out on the car in Ballina and the replacement part was making a rattling noise so had to take the car into a gas repairer here in Coffs - first he put a new part in then realised it was the wrong one so had to wait for another replacement finished up staying for 2 weeks while waiting for the second replacement.

Did the Mutton Bird Island walk with the amazing views over Coffs (very windy though). Checked out the Forest Sky Pier up at Bruxner Park in the hills backing onto Coffs Harbour - a very winding road which went up a hill for about 6klms and there were many banana farms all the way up this winding hill. The views from the Pier were amazing as was the Pier itself.

Friday 2nd March - the rain set in just before we were about to head south (again floods were not far away - Cooma, Bathhurst and also Richmond and Windsor - just north of Sydney) Touch wood!!!!! we have been skirting the floods so far, we think it was just as well that we had to stay the weekend so we didn't have to travel in the wet weather.

Monday 5th March - Had the car fixed today. It only took a very short time to have the part installed and the car is running very well again, well actually even better. The weather is still a worry as there are storms predicted all along the east coast tomorrow - hope it won't affect us as we are heading to Port Macquarie then just north of Newcastle to stay with John's niece Kathy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb