Hello Kitty


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Central Coast
March 28th 2007
Published: March 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Esky, the Ute, the Stubbie, ARB vehicle accesories, the Meat Pie Pizza - great Aussie inventions for great Aussie blokes. The time was right for me & Shez to get on the giant metal bird to visit our good chums Andy and Jenny and see what all the fuss was about.

Bearing in mind we'd managed to travel the 7,533 miles from Abu Dhabi to Sydney on time, it was a bit disappointing to have to wait around Kingsford Smith arrivals for Jenny, but since she's in the family way we cut her a bit of slack.

But that wasn't the end of the disenchant, we had been told that they lived in a "suburb North of Sydney" so I was expecting something a bit like Ramsey Street but with worse parking. Before you know it we were gliding through forests, dramatic cuttings and picturesque lakes and rivers - oh the deception!

Chez Andy & Jenny fits in with the style of the area - eclectic. Wooden floors, big open rooms, verandas front and back and a pool ideally placed for jumping off the roof into. If I wasn't such a nouveau-wimp about cold water (i.e.
Suburb?Suburb?Suburb?

Chez A & J.
anything below 26C) there would have been some serious bombing going on, and probably a trip to Casualty.

The next thing that hits you is the massive amount of wildlife, especially birds. Lorakeets, Galahs, Minahs, Pelicans, Honey Eaters numerous sea birds and raptors. Sherren and Jenny also said they'd both seen a Cockatoo.

One thing we weren't expecting was Kitty, their naughty little cat. I was concerned about the constant shedding of hair, noise and general mess, but Jenny assured us that the Kitty would soon get used to us.

The good thing with having local info on the ground is that you get to by-pass the tourist traps and get to the heart of the place, so it was straight down to Woy Woy to sample the fish and chips under watchful gaze of the Pelicans and local Ferals, a bit like Chavs but without the hooded tops - an advantage of a pleasant climate.

I took about a bajillion photos, many with the idea of stitching together panoramic vistas, but the idea of doing that is so much nicer than the reality.




Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

SkippySkippy
Skippy

The Free Range Roos. Mmmm...free range...
Giant TortGiant Tort
Giant Tort

He's only 50 years old, which makes him a teenager in human years, 132 in dog years and about 4 hours in Mayfly years.
Koalas are slutsKoalas are sluts
Koalas are sluts

You can not only get chlamydia from Koalas, but also hickies, at least that was the zookeepers excuse, the dirty ho.
PythonPython
Python

This kid was volunteered by his Dad to take part in the "Extremely Dangerous Reptile Display" We all thought he was going to waz his pants. One day I think he'll be recounting this day to a psychiatrist.
Shez & AndyShez & Andy
Shez & Andy

Once again, Shez is exceedingly happy to be taken somewhere nice. Nothing is ever quite good enough is it?
Boat RideBoat Ride
Boat Ride

Ho hum, more lovely views...
Salty LubbersSalty Lubbers
Salty Lubbers

Amazingly, Shez did not feel bleedin' sick.
BarbieBarbie
Barbie

Ug! Man make Fire! Man cook meat! This lamb was dee-lish with a capital D.
SpiderSpider
Spider

This was at least a foot across.
Think once, think twice...Think once, think twice...
Think once, think twice...

Think HELMET! Who doesn't?
Let the cat out of the bag.Let the cat out of the bag.
Let the cat out of the bag.

Don't try this with your cat, Kitty is a specially trained stunt cat.
I'M IN UR DRWR RDN UR PAPERSI'M IN UR DRWR RDN UR PAPERS
I'M IN UR DRWR RDN UR PAPERS

She really is a naughty cat.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb