De ja vu!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
February 12th 2010
Published: February 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Surf CheckSurf CheckSurf Check

Water is been around 22-23 degrees, so wetsuit top if you want, most people have rash guard or nothing.
Well probably no big secret or surprise where we ended up after Crescent Head... Back to Byron Bay. We figured, why not?? We have a bit of time to kill before we need to back in Sydney and then Melbourne, so we might as well head back up here. So we are booked in for 5 weeks, and are settled right back into our old routines while up here. Seems like we never left. We were saying if we had know we were going to come back this way after our trip back to Vancouver, we should have just stored our caravan up this way and flown out of Brisbane rather than trekking back down to Sydney, and then back up this way again when we got back (which is aprox 850km each way). But it was good to catch up with family and friends down that way too.

The weather changed the day we left Crescent Head to a bit rainy and overcast, still about 28 degrees or warmer, and then it continued to rain for several days. We were lucky it was mostly at night though, although some poor people in tents weren't so lucky. After one really heavy night of rain, we saw a few tents being thrown away in the garbage in the morning. Sure glad we aren't in a tent! Although we did have a few leaks here and there, but think Brett got most of those fixed now. We were in one campsite for a week, (with quite the nieghbour, see photo), and then had to pack up and move to one about 4 sites down for the remainder of our time here. It just happened that the day we had to move sites was a total downpour, well actually it was until we had finished moving and had set back up and were soaked, and THEN the sun came out. Least it is a warm rain. And we are on a concrete pad so it doesn't get too muddy.

The rains seemed to have stopped now, and it's been beautiful and sunny, and quite hot the last few days, so it has meant quite a few dips in the ocean, a few surfs, a few bike rides, and a couple trips to the Beach Hotel for an afternoon bevvy to cool us down. We have also joined and been doing Bikram Yoga, and are a week in. It's the yoga in the 40 Degree room and is a 90 minute class, and I can't believe how much you sweat! It's been really good though for Brett's hip and for my neck and back so we are liking it. Well actually hating it... but liking it. Which then is the reason we need to go to the Beach Hotel to cool down.... haha.








Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

This was our view for a week! This was our view for a week!
This was our view for a week!

Our neighbour who set up on the wrong side, so was right next to us, and would have a few and then pass out like this for hours...


13th February 2010

Hi guy's, love the speedo guy, lucky yoo's!!!!!!!!!!! The salmon looks just like home. rockin Robyn !!!!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb