like totally awesome!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello, apologies it has been a while. Before i start i would just like to clarify the 'essex girls in bali' thing, it was becasue they asked where are you from and we didnt expect an american and balian to have heard of essex. i appreciate that probably didnt make sense!

anyway, the rest of bali was lovely and relaxing, we moved to the ayodya resort to meet beck's parents. a highlight of this trip will be walking into a 5star hotel with backpacks! such an amazing feeling! needless to say we were very well fed and relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed our bit of luxury!

we then moved on to melbourne...a bit chilly but a fantastic city, it was such a shame we were there only one night! we stayed in this great hostel...absolutely lovely! very nice peope. found a warm restaurant with cheap pizzas and wine (loving the aussie cheap wine!) then below our hostel was a pub so we headed there for a magners (at last) and a good old pub quiz (in which we won a jug of beer i may add!) later that night we headed off to an indie night...such fun!

the next day we cycled round albert park...it was gorgeous, before enjoying being finally able to cook for ourselves! later that night we headed off on an overnighter to sydney!

we only had 2 days in sydney so did and open top bus the first day, so we made sure we saw all the usual stuff ie the bridge and opera house! the next day we did bondi and the olympic park. (liz i did remeber you always said to go to bronte but we didnt have time!) later that afternoon, we met up with alex, rob and will tony's cousin and her family, they took us to manly and north head for some amazing views...then - wow - a home cooked meal! we were so so excited! and it was lovely to see people that count as family too!

yesterday morning we joined the oz experience, spending most of the day on the road! we finally arrived at 'surf camp' in time for a big old aussie bbq around the camp fire! so much fun! then we (along with all the typical british gappies like us) headed off for a party on the beach....exactly as i had imagined oz to be like! however, it was rudlely awakened by having to get up at 6.45 for our surfing lesson! I've now had two in one week...i dont think im going to be entering any competions any time soon though!

Now were in Byron Bay, only here a night as weather isn't fab and there isn't loads to do! Keeyley - is this where you told me about that great club? Cheeky Monkeys? We're going tonight if so!

Oh yes...and it would appear Oz has taken its toll on me...everything is 'awesome'!

Hope all is well, apologies for delay, and apologies to family members who will pick me up on my grammar - am short of time!

Much love
xx

T - photos soon I will try but its hard on here! I've seen Jade pics off Soccer 6 looks great sorruy i couldnt have been there!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb