Rainbows?! Byron & B-Day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Byron Bay
January 21st 2007
Published: January 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jan 15
Lukey’s birthday!!
Of course, as a man does, he insisted on nothing special occurring for the day… and so it didn’t really…
Lismore & yoga - funny how in the rainbow region, time and distance seem to blend into non-existence… meaning, as a traveller, it seems no problem to drive 35 minutes from Tyagarah to Lismore just for a yoga class, then spend most of the day hanging around shopping in and out of supermarkets and sitting in the van munching on fresh mangoes, sipping on fresh green thai drinking coconuts, and making green or Cleopatra raw milk & banana smoothies in the back of the van - all thanks to our special inverter!

Jan 16
Byron farmers markets & chocolate pudding smoothie!
Black sapote - This unique fruit mixed with milk (or better still Cleopatra’s raw cream) is so so so good!! Just like chocolate pudding, as it is affectionately nick-named. I know it’s all psychological - perhaps all I need is the colour of chocolate to have my smoothie taste like it - there’s a novel way to losing weight - woohoo 

Ganga Giri - Great Northern Hotel
Pumping percussive didgeridoo anda textured blend of technorganica as it is described on the www - see www.gangagiri.com
Awesome, I thought! Fully inspired and high energy performance by a well established and travelled muso playing his didge, mixing with elements of western electronic music, to convey his message of one world, particularly to lessen the gap between aboriginals and white man. Beautiful, uplifting stuff.

Flat Rock Tent Park aka mosquito haven - ugh
Lismore farmer’s markets - not worth the distance this one.
Jam the juicer! Byron to Lismore to Ballina to Byron to Lismore and back again….

Jan 17
Gondwana - Meditation Day minus the meditation… you know how it is… well-meaning but so much connecting, relaxing, swimming and hanging out to do (and in Luke’s case, reading ‘The Da Vinci Code’).. but I did make sure to experience Nadabrahma - I love it - bring on the bliss!

Ballina - Ash Grunwald
A missable event, particularly given our collective states of being - a rollercoaster journey this travelling together! Though had we been in the right frame of mind, the tunes would have been rather groovy - despite the freaky eighties-style flashback RSL venue, eighties fashions and hair-do’s dancing umpteen interesting styles on the floor and all complete with parental chaperones onlooking from their seats till the final song of the performance! All rather bizarre we assure you…. Talented young man though, as was his young support act.

Jan 18
Rosebank - Rainbow Temple
Beginning on just a wee journey to find the local secret water hole (short trip - should have known better!), we took a long hilly drive up to Upper Wilson’s Creek Road, finally found, and albeit briefly, visited Samasathi Rainforest Retreat/Sanyassin community. Quite a free day, making it to the Rainbow Temple just before it was too dark to see anything. A beautiful space free of flying, buzzing, blood-sucking beings - due to those awesome little fluorescent yellow inventions - the juicing little critters just aren’t attracted to this colour light it seems - and a lack of local stagnant water source. Yay for a mozzie free night I say!!

Jan 19
Luke gets very ill with an unknown entity reaping havoc in his lower intestines, forcing it’s way out on a regular basis with the utmost discomfort and pain  Eats next to nothing, becomes very grumpy telling me how sick he is and loses 5 kg in the two days 

Jan 20
Suffolk park
Wakey wakey
*in a deep gruff ‘haven’t-been-laid-by-the-mrs-in-several months’ tone of voice* “Time to get up matey - this is not a camping ground - No where in the Byron Shire! You’ve had a warning - next time it’ll be a $110 fine - each! We have been warned indeed. Twas nowhere near as scenic as Tyagarah’s Nature Reserve & unofficial nudist beach anyway…

No parking between 1am-5am in all? streets of Byron Shire - howzat?! Where’s a homeless bum supposed to park their wheels then eh? …Queensland speak is rapidly infiltrating and affecting my previous and otherwise wonderful articulation and vocabulary 😉

And good morning to the little jack Russell with the tip of his tail painted fluorescent pink by no doubt some cheap thrill seekers from the Friday night before this morn…
Off to the Mulllum markets we go this morning…

Death to our relationship… I’ll spare you the private details… and rebirth to a new era!

Jan 21
I’d been looking forward to this day for a couple months almost! But do you think I secured it by ensuring my ticket was booked and paid for, even in hand prior to the gig? *ahem* I was thinking it’d all be alright and groovy in the ol’ home town of the divine couple - Deva Premal & Miten - their most popular concert in Byron ay Community Centre.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 80; dbt: 0.0982s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb