Day 6 Annopolis Valley


Advertisement
North America
July 17th 2011
Published: July 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mud SlidersMud SlidersMud Sliders

The locals
So we headed out of Digby this morning and headed across the Annopolis Valley along the coast with beautiful farmland lining the land. What gorgeous country! The most exciting event was coming across the Shubenacadie mud flats, a result of the Bay of Fundy's gigantic tidal system. What a riot. On one side of the highway the tourists were watching from afar, keeping themselves pristine clean. We decided to join the locals and see the mud sliding in action and watch the tides come in with the locals enjoying the rush of water. Steve managed to get this on video. What fun!! We arrived a bit too late to run back and get our bathing suits on but definitely had good chats with the locals and wished we were organized to join in. Steve is determined to get back to this spot to become a mud slider!
At the end of the day we ended up in Pictou, pronounced Pic-Toe. Here the ferry heads over to PEI so we decided to make PEI our next destination. We had a great time on the local beach in Pictou before heading on to the ferry-very windy but quite warm. The water
The Mud SlideThe Mud SlideThe Mud Slide

Mud tobaganning in N.S.
here is very swimmable, not like the Pacific. We had no problem getting a ferry and were on by 6:15 and on PEI by 8:00. There seem to be very few crowds as it is so easy to get around, book anything .....
We arrived at Brian and Heather's in Charlottetown at around 9:00 and had a fantastic lobster dinner-Wow! What an experience to have such wonderful seafood everyday! It is great to see our good friends in their PEI home with their three kids-Emily, Anna and Ben. Tash is in Australia working so we did miss seeing her. Brian and Heather have bought this old Charlottetown home and are renovating it so that rooms can be rented out to UPEI students. Anna and Emily will attend UPEI this coming year and will live in this home with four other students. Brian, Heather and Ben are preparing to return to BC so will leave the girls behind to enjoy their university experience here.
What another great day in the Maritimes. It is such a great place for a holiday, lots to see and do!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Pictou BeachPictou Beach
Pictou Beach

Just another of a zillion beautiful beaches!
PEI!PEI!
PEI!

Very excited to be heading to PEI!


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb