Snake River and Arco


Advertisement
North America
September 22nd 2009
Published: September 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday September 22, 2009

We left Grand Teton National Park yesterday and enjoyed a very scenic drive south of Jackson Wyoming along the Snake River to Alpine near the Idaho border.

We drove along the undulating shoreline of the Palisades Reservoir upon entering Idaho, and made our way to Idaho Falls. Our activated GPS voice system projects our route on my notepad computer screen and provides turn by turn voice directions.

Soon, we up on high desert. We stopped for lunch at a rest stop on the Snake River. I enjoyed a brief nap in Uncle Joe. It is a treat to have the comforts of home with us during our travels. A restroom break is whenever we want to pull over.

We drove past Atomic City, and arrived at Arco, Idaho to complete a 217 mile day.

Click on the following link to see where we camped in Arco:

Mountain View RV Park

We will drive to Boise Idaho today and have dinner with sister Mary and her two guys tonight. There is no wifi at the campground we are staying at tonight, so I am covering yesterday and today with a single message.

More to come after we depart from Boise tomorrow. We are rethinking our route.

Paddy



Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1005.2kb