Day 8 - Las Vegas to Grand Canyon National Park


Advertisement
North America
July 25th 2009
Published: July 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Up early not feeling the greatest, but still OK. We used our Contiki free brekkie vouchers at Coco's. Nothing to exciting there.
Got to the bus, two people missing... Nathan and Tim! I seemed to be the only one game enough to see where they were. Both still in bed and I nearly got my face slammed off by the door when Nathan found out they were supposed to be on the bus... Bloody poms!
Anyway, after a short delay we were on our way. Goodbye Vegas! =(
Our first stop was at a Walmart somewhere just past the Nevada/Arizona state line. We only stayed there for about an hour.
Next we stopped in Seligman, “Birthplace of Historic Route 66”. Took a few photos.
As we were approaching the Grand Canyon National Park, the scenery changed from deserts to pine forest which looked pretty cool.
We stopped in the town centre. Pretty much all it had was a crappy market where all the stalls sold the same thing, and a Maccas.
We had our first look at the Grand Canyon. Very pretty, amazing and HUGE!
We finally arrived at our lodge around 6.30pm and it started thunder storming! And we discovered our room had a ghost! He seemed friendly enough... We first found him opening the bathroom door whilst I was in the shower and Michelle was outside. He would also flush the toilet at random moments. Clean ghost!
Went down to a hotel closeby for our free dinner, also had a sports bar so had drinks there. Played some pool, turns out I havnt handin any back to the hotel... Headed to the hotel at around10.30, chatted then headed to bed!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb