Homeward Bound


Advertisement
North America
October 29th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today it's homeward bound for us! We have been gone for one year except for a two week period where we went home to Alabama to close up the house.

All in all it has been a wonderful trip and we are sorry to see it coming to an end.

It is good to be home for a few weeks though. The lake is really low because of the drought. Everything faired better than expected during our absence. Of course we had a wonderful person looking after things for us while we were gone. After a week in the yard getting things back in shape, it is looking better outside. Just being able to sit and enjoy the lake is wonderful, even if the lake level is low. We have had to cut down a few trees that were lost in the drought.

The first two pictures with water are what the lake normally looks like. The last ones are what it looks like with the drought! What a difference!

All in all, it is great to be home but we are looking forward to going again soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

 Relaxing on the patio on the lake.   Relaxing on the patio on the lake.
Relaxing on the patio on the lake.

Nothing like it ! This picture was taken last summer when we had plenty of water.
 The same shot without the person in the Chair The same shot without the person in the Chair
The same shot without the person in the Chair

Look at the little island out in the water, not usually there.
 Oh yes, let Oh yes, let
Oh yes, let

Notice the area in the upper left behind the grill.........see the water? Now look at the other picture of the grill, no water.
 The grill shot this year since the drought ! The grill shot this year since the drought !
The grill shot this year since the drought !

Look behind the grill and see that there is not a drop of water there .
The Boat HouseThe Boat House
The Boat House

The boat house is high and dry........or should I say low and dry..............what a pity! Pray for rain! The boats are stuck on the lift until we get lots of rain and the lake level begins to rise.
Bone dry !Bone dry !
Bone dry !

Normally there is water here!
  It will be a long time.....  It will be a long time.....
It will be a long time.....

before this one floats again.
 ooooooeeeeee ooooooeeeeee
ooooooeeeeee

Glad this boat is NOT mine !
Notice where the boat ramp stops!Notice where the boat ramp stops!
Notice where the boat ramp stops!

Can't put the boats in the water and too late to take them out of the water!
Near Our MarinaNear Our Marina
Near Our Marina

This is so sad!


Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb