It's Off to Florida for the winter !


Advertisement
North America
November 8th 2007
Published: April 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our lake level is so low ........Our lake level is so low ........Our lake level is so low ........

We have never seen our lake at home this low. The boat house is resting in the mud. So sad..........
Well, it was a short visit home and now it's off to our place in Florida! The lake level here is way down due to the drought. It is about 6 feet lower than normal for this time of year. We look forward to going each year to Florida for the winter months. It's loads of fun golfing, boating, and having fun with friends and neighbors.

There is a lot going on this winter.

We have started a miniature railroad at Riverbend. The name of the railroad is The Riverbend and Southwest Florida RR. The railroad covers quite a large area and there are currently three trains running. It will take approximately three years or so to complete but we are having fun getting involved. When I watch my husband doing this I see the small boy who used to have his father take him down to the D&RG RR in Denver on the weekends to watch the trains. He is loving this. Boys and their toys!

We have had numerous visitors this year and it has been fun seeing everyone again!


If you would like to learn more about Riverbend, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=aMO3taaeOUM and see
Our Florida PatioOur Florida PatioOur Florida Patio

We live out here. Breakfast , lunch and sometimes dinner.
the video for yourself.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

 Bill's locomotive Bill's locomotive
Bill's locomotive

These trains are amazing. The trains are duplicated down to the smallest detail. The doors and the visors on each car open and close with identical latches just like the real trains. The sounds are identical to the real trains as well.
The train crewThe train crew
The train crew

Here are three of the founding members of the RB&SWF RR. That is the Riverbend and Southwest Florida RR.


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.1kb