Traverse Bay, Michigan


Advertisement
North America
September 30th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in this scenic area today and I must say it is one of the most beautiful places we have been. Travelling around the northern tip of Lake Michigan, crossing the Mackinac Bridge and driving into the seaside villages of Mackinaw City, Charlevoix, Petosky, Bay Harbor, Elk Rapids and of course Traverse City on beautiful Traverse Bay.

You can spend several months taking different side trips to all of these places. The little town of Bay Harbor was one of our favorites. Also, Petosky is a beautiful little town as well. In Charlevoix all the streets are lined with flowers, red, white, pink and purple. It is quite lovely to drive through this area. "Lattitudes" in the marina at bay harbor is a great place to stop for lunch. Stroll through the marina there and view the beautiful mansions along the seaside and watch the majestic boats in the harbor. It is said that many movie stars live here such as Madonna, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, Kevin Kostner, and others, but we didn't see any of them.

We stayed at the beautiful Traverse Bay RV Resort, one of the nicest across the United States. It reminds us
CharlevoixCharlevoixCharlevoix

This is a beautiful little city along Lake Michigan. Many wonderful restaurants and great village shopping . One can spend hours just walking the streets here.
a great deal of Riverbend, our place in Florida. This area of Michigan situated along the eastern side of Lake Michigan is full of art galleries, hundreds of great restaurants, beautiful marinas, wineries,fishing rivers, paved bike paths that go along Lake Michigan for over 40 miles, lots of shopping, hiking, theatres and such. We were here for two weeks and we enjoyed playing golf on several of the more than 50 local golf courses.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

 An aerial view of the harbor. An aerial view of the harbor.
An aerial view of the harbor.

This picture was taken before the leaves began to change color.
Bill's favorite yacht in the harborBill's favorite yacht in the harbor
Bill's favorite yacht in the harbor

This is the one I want !
I'll take this one!I'll take this one!
I'll take this one!

Patti's favorite house.
Great Golf !Great Golf !
Great Golf !

Just one of more than 50 golf courses in the area.


Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb