Fun with Corinne and Catherine


Advertisement
North America
October 14th 2007
Published: October 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wow !  What a pumpkin !Wow !  What a pumpkin !Wow ! What a pumpkin !

The winking pumpkin!
Our granddaughter Corinne, and her mother Catherine came up to Traverse Bay for a short visit and then we went down to Midland to their home. We had a grand time together.

We visited Sleeping Bear Dunes which was very unlike the dunes we visited on the Oregon coast. One of the dunes is 450 feet from the top of the dune to the edge of Lake Michigan. A very steep descent and an even more difficult ascent back to the top.

Corinne has a wonderful sense of humor and keeps us laughing all day. It was great sharing time with both of them. She and her grandfather love to share the challenges ---- everything and I do mean Everything.............is a challenge! It is great fun to watch them together.

We played Blongo Ball and of course, Corinne and her Grandfather beat us.........they always team up against us...........just isn't fair............no it isn't !

Pumpkin carving was a real education. Corinne is an expert at carving! I am rushing right home to try my ability at carving several pumpkins..............I am sure it won't be anything at all like hers! She is good at this! I call her the
 Okay, let's clean the seeds so we can toast them. Okay, let's clean the seeds so we can toast them. Okay, let's clean the seeds so we can toast them.

oooooooooo eeeeeeeee they were delicious!
Master Pumpkin Carver!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Pumpkin CarvingPumpkin Carving
Pumpkin Carving

Believe it or not, Meema Patti had never carved a pumpkin! Corinne is a master carver! It has become a family tradition in their home that she carves a pumpkin every October.
Okay, this is how it's done ! Okay, this is how it's done !
Okay, this is how it's done !

This child is an expert at this ! Wow ! I am going right home and carving several pumpkins! I think I have the hang of it now.
The Pumpkin Carver and her excellent work!The Pumpkin Carver and her excellent work!
The Pumpkin Carver and her excellent work!

Notice the gourd goose. What a great idea!
The winning toss!The winning toss!
The winning toss!

Blongo Ball is a great game. Here is Corinne throwing the winning pitch!


Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb