The end to our Southern experience


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 8th 2014
Published: August 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

New Orleans had a great deal to offer and we almost managed to experience it all in our 3 days but I'm sure if we went back we could have a completely different experience. One minute you will be listening to live jazz in a small courtyard sipping a strawberry daiquiri...well I had beer. But anyway the next minute you are bustling over to the road to watch a parade of swingers dressed as flappers party by and yes it made us feel old and boring but we quite happily went back to the jazz after taking some snaps. Temperatures reached the mid to high 30s during the days so we treated ourselves to a day by the pool, whilst nursing a hangover, which we also coined with some pizza. This wasn't any pool, it was a gorgeous French style courtyard pool (which makes sense as we were staying in the French quarter). We spent our final day in search of alligators on an airboat adventure. For those of you who might care we had to wear ear defenders on the boat as we were attached to a huge V8 engine as we soared towards the swamps...surprisingly the noise only alerts the alligators that we are on our way and they pop out to say high and be fed marshmallows. Our driver surprised us with a small alligator that he had on the boat so we both had a hold and for some reason the driver thought it would be funny to wrap the thing around my neck! Apparently it was funny to the rest of the boat! The final night was taken with more cocktails and eating the local delicious dishes of barbecued oysters, gumbo (a soup sort of thing), jumbalaya and red beans and rice- everyone was quite pleased with the outcome, a good night had.
We left early this morning as travlled over 300 miles east towards florida's panhandle and Panama City. We happily found our hotel and at a huge 40 degrees have settled by the pool for the afternoon to sizzle and catch up on some reading. I believe this is where the city wandering ends and the beach party begins...laters ya'll x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0479s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb