New Orleans


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 5th 2014
Published: August 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I can't believe we have been here for over a week, time has flown by...I guess it's because we're having so much fun!
Before we left the Great Smokey Mountains we decided to try white water rafting so we booked ourself into a centre near Gatlingburg, where we stayed at a really nice resort and where we had a brilliant time playing hill billy golf, eating Mexican (not Mexicans) and enjoying some sun. The white water rafting was super fun! (We are slowly becoming more and more American with the phrases we use). We encountered grade 4 rapids and had some near falls, but both survived and loved the whole experience.
We then made a real start to the journey by leaving North Carolina behind and saying howdie to Tennessee and our first stop was Nashville. Here we entered a strange world where an anime convention was being held in the hotel so avoided hanging around too much as the people were dressed in some wacky outfits. But instead we threw ourself into the country world of Nashville, the country music hall of fame, honky tonks, such as the world famous Tootsies and Margaritaville (yes they served some delicious margaritas here!) needless to say we loved this place and would go back tomorrow...
Memphis Tennessee was our next stop...the birthplace of Elvis and so many more. When you are sitting on a rooftop overlooking the sun setting over the Mississippi on a Saturday evening there is only one thing to do and we did...we found ourselves feeling slightly worse for wear on Sunday morning but quickly recovered following a stack of pancakes and bacon. Memphis was great and I can't move on before mentioning the best ribs in town at Rendezvous.
Onwards for a long journey south towards Natchez where we found the oldest bar with the best lookout over the Mississippi...that was after the most wonderful sloppy joe and a bud at the Pig Out Inn! Nom nom nom
We now find ourselves in the party town of New Orleans, having winded our way down one way streets to our French Quarter hotel with a beautiful courtyard pool where we are now relaxing. Don't worry, just before we came to the pool Phil found his new fave burger at Yo Mamas bar and grill- bacon and peanut butter, it was scrumptious!
We have 3 wild nights to look forward to here and it certainly seems wild from the couple of hours we have spent here so far.
Until next time...much love and we will be sure to take care x x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 1.469s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb