The road trip has begun!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Virginia
July 29th 2014
Published: July 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 4 has been mostly about driving and great views. But before I talk about that let me tell you about our 3 days in DC. we arrived in style at our Arlington hotel, just over the river from Georgetown which is a student part of town. It was soooo hot we decided to catch some rays before heading into town. We then went for an early dinner, sat outside and walked home for an early night. At about 4am I woke up and discovered the mosquito attack- I had about 10 bites where Phil had a grand total of 0 to report!

The next morning we found a shock in that in our mustang excitement we left our itinerary pack at the car hire office...so instead of heading straight to Lincoln's memorial we drove straight to the airport to retrieve it! thankfully it was still there and we got some extra practice on the US roads.

Since then we have explored DC by foot and met the most hilarious cab driver whose response to our road trip was, 'Shoot! You got some driving to do, Shoot!'

Today we became acquainted with some narrow and steep dropping mountain sides and spent 10 hours from DC to the Peaks of Otter. We stopped for a short waterfall hike and tea in a roadside lodge- wonderful.

Tomorrow we have a long journey but look forward to Sliding rock towards the end where we will pay $2 to slide down a waterfall! Nobody panic- we have our beach shoes!

I'll try to update soon x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb