West side to east side


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 12th 2014
Published: August 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today we begin our trip from west coast Florida to the big M on the east coast...that's right it's finally time to witness all that Miami has to offer!
But before all that, we have had a few beach days now, firstly we spent some time in Panama City. It was gorgeous here, I mean we witnessed the delights of a jet ski tour where we saw dolphins in the wild, the amazing Shell Island (with its white sand and sky blue ocean) and also Pineapple Willy's jack Daniels soacked ribs...nom! We also spent an evening just watching the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico. So lucky!
We then travelled 400 miles and 6 hours later found ourselves at Postcard Inn on the beach (St Pete beach).This place had a young vibe with a beach bar and lots of tanned and toned young men and women. We obviously fit right in!
Here we were slighty disappointed to find ourselves in a mighty thunderstorm and the only thing to do was pool, beach or drink. So we took out the cards and had a Bud.
The next day the sun was a little more kind and from about 2 the sun was glorious and we enjoyed a breezy relax on the beach and some fun in the sea where the waves seemed as big as me! That night we found a tepenyaki place (as we had had enough of burgers, ribs and fries) which was great!
It was time to make our final drive of the trip to Miami...but we decided to make a stop via Bush Gardens and it's Adenture Island- a huge water park full to the brim with some awesome slides, needless to say we both screamed our way down some intense rapids.
After arriving at the airport to drop off Sally we hopped in a cab to take us to Collins Avenue and the Surfcomber hotel. Wow! Our taxi driver was mad but our hotel is fabulous. We have certainly saved the best till last. After a chilled night we're off for some beauty sleep and to prepare for a big day tomorrow. I guess the day will officially start with complimentary wine hour from 5-6 tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to follow the advice of our concierge and work on our tan beforehand.
3 days left...I'll try to do a final update on Friday x x


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb