This is a beautiful country


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
November 8th 2013
Published: November 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Driving through North Georgia to Chattanooga, Tennessee headed to Nashville. We crossed over the Tennessee River. Beautiful land, climbing mountains now. Signs along the way: Big Daddy's Fireworks, Rocky Top Restaurant and Truck Center, Stuckey's, Battlecreek Log Homes, Monteagle Winery, Smokehouse Restaurant, Beans Creek Winery (wine country?), Kilby's Furniture, Antique World, George Dickel Tennessee Whiskey Distillery Tours, World's Famous Bell Buckle Cafe. We passed through Nashville at 10:30 am. Signs we see: Old Fort Liquor Wine and Beer, Nashville Zoo, Nashville International Airport, Opryland, Boot Country, Gibson/Baldwin Headquarters. We stopped in Clarksville, TN for Starbucks and got some chicken breast and pickles out of the RV. We got back on the road, just entered Kentucky....lots of harvested corn fields. We see a lot of dead deer on the road. As we get in to Illinois the land is very flat, lots of farms. (so Kansas I am not looking forward to you!) As we got closer to St. Louis the traffic became thick. As we were passing the Arch, I rolled down the window and got some pictures. This is my first time seeing it. When we were making good time today, our goal became bigger so we hope to get on the west side of St. Louis today...which we did around 4:30-it's already getting dark.

I found a park online on the way, so we made our way to 'Dr. Edmond A. Babler Memorial State Park'. It is a beautiful park. We checked in and picked our spot and unhooked our RV. Ken quickly realized that there were no water hook ups and the water spigot near us was turned off. He said we probably had enough water in the tank so we headed out to find fuel and food! The park is in a upscale residential area, huge big homes, very nice area. We found a Macaroni Grill. It's cold and windy so I was delighted as the hostess asked if we wanted to sit by the warm, cozy fire! As we got to the table, I looked at the fireplace. Ha ha! The 'fire' is equivalent to lighting two candles and setting them in the fireplace. Whatever, I'm starving! I ordered grilled Sea Bass with arugula and tomatoes and Ken ordered grilled shrimp with vegetables. Mine was so good, his shrimp was over cooked so he sent it back. The next batch was only a little better; I shared mine with him. We stopped for fuel on the way back. We're so tired be went straight to bed. The wind was so strong, the canopies that cover the slide outs were making a lot of noise. We have our white noise maker so it drowns out a lot of the noise-we had no problem sleeping- we drove 586 miles today. A good day!

In our short time here, we were so impressed by the kind people-love the Midwest spirit!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement





Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb