RIHILA 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
February 6th 2012
Published: February 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today? I agree with his description of an ideal man to a point. For example I don't think it's actually important for a man to be proficient in weapons and always wear nice clothes and only talk to the upper class. I think there are men like this that exist in Hollywood because they have really nice clothes and talk to the higher class people, but the only difference is them being proficient in weapons. 2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described? I think he thought this way because back in that time al that he was saying that needs to be in a man was valued back then. For example the idea of being proficient in weapons and to wear nice clothes was necessary to be successful. 3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully. I think it's better to lead through fear, but not to the point where the people hate you. I feel hat leading with love wouldn't work because people will just walk all ver you and not care because they know they could get away with it, unlike ruling with fear people will double think before disobeying you because there are consequences for what they do and they cant escape those punishments. 4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear – How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style? One leader that ruled with fear was hitler. I know this because he had kept the Jews doing what he wanted them to do because he scared them with the idea of death and not a quick death but a brutal painful death. The affect of this leadership style eventually lead to him to being hated by his own people and eventually people fought against him and he was killed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb