RIHLA #7


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
October 30th 2011
Published: October 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Mesoamerican Mayans

Based on the reading...
-Mesoamericans were a part of the Americas/Eastern Hemisphere.
-Extensive communication along the Silk Road trading network enriched the two major centers of civilization in the Americas-Mesoamerica and the Andes.
-American civilizations and cultures existed without large animals or ironworking technologies that were important in the Eastern Hemisphere.
-Mesoamerica was one of the "extraordinary diversity compressed into a relatively small place." Geographically, Mesoamerica had steamy lowland rain forests, cold and windy highland areas, mountains, and valleys.
-Mesoamerica was a distinct region, combined together by elements of rich culture. People spent most of their time on agriculture by raising maize, beans, chili peppers, and squash.
-Also, practiced religions that belive in creation and destruction, human sacrifice, and ceremonial centers. They also used hieroglyphic writing.
-Olmic culture: artisic styles, temple pyramids, and calendar system, and rituals including human sacrifice, spread throughout Mesoamerica and influenced many civiliztions that followed.


Complex religion: Olmec culture was used along with many other civilizations that followed.

Job specialization/agriculture: Many people raised maize, beans, chili peppers, and squash.

Writing: Common ritual calender of 260 days in hieroglyphic writing
Cities: Mesoamericans influnced many civilizations that came after them.

Cities: Mesoamericans Olmec culture was spread throughout the Eastern Hemisphere.

Arts & architecture: They had a lot of beliefs: human sacrfice, creation and destruction. Eastern Hemisphere consisted of temple pyramids and many artistic styles.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb