Judy and Mike's Excellent Adventure - Day 0


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 18th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 0 - Travel Day

We caught a flight from Syracuse to JFK to Portland on a Thursday afternoon.

It was a long layover. So we took our time and ate dinner at Piquillo in Terminal 5. A pretty good beginning food-wise for our trip.

In between, Sarah McLachlan was playing in the terminal hub - Sarah and JetBlue have teamed up to promote her new album according to what I've seen and read.

Unfortunately, our flight from JFK to PDX was delayed almost two hours due to security concerns. Our plane had arrived from Jamaica and there was a delay in getting it to our gate.

While watching planes come and go, did you know that Ukraine has their own airline? Who knew? If my mom wanted to get back to her country of birth, she can fly there on their own airline.

So, some 6 hours of flight time, and a taxi ride, and we were at the SpringHill Suites by the airport by 2am PDT.

As you travel, you realize how small our world really is. The gent at the desk had spent a couple of his childhood years in a town nearby our house. Made for great conversation!

Our preferred airline for personal travel is JetBlue. The experience is so much better than the others available to us in Upstate NY. And with this trip, JetBlue treated us well. Note that we did spend the extra $$ to upgrade to extra legroom. It was worth it for the long flight.

Links that may interest you:

Springhill Suites Portland Airport

JetBlue


JetBlue Terminal 5 Restaurants/Menus



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb