Judy and Mike's Excellent Adventure - Prologue


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States
August 18th 2010
Published: August 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all!

It's been a dream of mine to travel the country from West to East, and finally, it happened.

The dream was to fly out to the West coast, buy a car, and drive it back. First the dream car was Mini Cooper - but considering what we needed a car for, it was not practical. We drove a Honda Element last year during the Cash for Clunkers deal, and came away impressed.

So, this year, in consideration of our 25th anniversary, we decided to do it.

We made arrangements to purchase a Honda Element in Portland, OR - my brother lives there, and spend some time with him before heading east.

Thru Consumer Reports on-line, I was able to gather some bids, followed-up with the bidders, and selected the dealer who could guarantee the color/model we wanted. We made the right choice of the dealer - Beaverton Honda, and we were very lucky with the Internet Sales Manager Jonathan who worked with us to provide us a problem-free transaction. I'll add a blog on "Fly & Drive" lessons learned.

So, there you have it, the prologue. Day by day entries to follow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb